Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
grass roots effort is needed #38226 11/05/2008 3:19 AM
Andyhunter Offline OP
OP Offline
As i watch the election results come in, it becomes obvious to me that we are all going to have to get involved with a grunds roots effort to protect our 2nd amendment rights!

Re: grass roots effort is needed [Re: Andyhunter] #38242 11/05/2008 5:44 AM
BINGO Offline
addict
addict
This effort will fail! W/the majority his worshipers have they can ram anything they like down our throat. We need to establish our own territory that refuses to tolerate them.

Re: grass roots effort is needed [Re: BINGO] #38282 11/06/2008 12:00 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Andy, The Congress is controlled by the Democrats. They will back anything he wants. Vote them out and he loses power....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: grass roots effort is needed [Re: jamesfromjersey] #38284 11/06/2008 12:03 AM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
Andy, The Congress is controlled by the Democrats. They will back anything he wants. Vote them out and he loses power....

Two years to go!!!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Re: grass roots effort is needed [Re: pab1] #38286 11/06/2008 12:21 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
the big issue everyone including alot of gun owners missed shile voting for this idiot is that as a president alone he has very little control and even with a liberal congress the best they can be is a pain in the ass with bs legislation but it's when you get the judicial branch of govt behind the executive and legislative that your screwed. Most predictions are that he will appoint 3 supreme court justices and of course untold #'s of federal trial and appelate judges and that is what is going to kill us where the 2nd amendment is concerened because there is no appeal from the supreme court.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: grass roots effort is needed [Re: wapitirod] #38295 11/06/2008 1:35 AM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
One glimmer of hope is the fact that he won't have a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. In order for bills to pass thru the Senate, you need 60 votes to be able to shut down a filibuster. They are 4 senators short of this number, so the Republicans do have a degree of power when it comes to bills or judicial nominations which must pass the Senate.

Don't be too concerned about the Supreme court right now either. Two of the "possibly-retiring" justices are liberals, so there won't be any change of balance there. I just pray that any of the stict constructionist justices that may be considering retirement hang on a few more years.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 82 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod