Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A Challenge [Re: briang1621] #44749 01/14/2009 2:39 AM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
There are alot of people that got guns passed down to them from thier father or grandfather and it just sits in the closet and is never shot. The don't even think about it unless they are asked if they own one or not. I run across this a couple of times a year. These people really don't care if they own a firearm or not. But sense they were given them and they were owned by family. I have tried to buy these guns from this type of people but they just won't sell. Darn! LOL

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
If you don't like logging try using plastic toilet paper
<><
Re: A Challenge [Re: rupe] #44769 01/14/2009 5:53 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I was talking with my younger brother, and got him to sign up for the easy pay life. One more for the cause!!

I got mine when it was $750.00, it's now up to $1,000.00.

Rod what's the life membership for the young kids cost?

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: A Challenge [Re: Tigger] #44770 01/14/2009 6:09 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
I believe it was 550.00 for my daughter and she is 8, my other kids I just got a yearly membership and i think it was 15.00 but I don't remember for sure. I did the easy pay life on my daughters also. She gets a part of my Social Security disability so I'm going to start teaching her that she has to get the money out of the bank and pay her bill. She is highly stoked about it though. Every place she goes she pulls out her card and says "I'm a member of the NRA" in a kinda proud almost cocky manner.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: A Challenge [Re: wapitirod] #44873 01/15/2009 11:33 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
This is my first post, and I would like to add that wen you send your check in to the NRA, make sure that you put on the check in the memo portion, what you would like the money to support. For example: ILA, or YHEC (Youth Hunter Eductaion Challenge), NRA Foundation, etc.......

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: A Challenge [Re: KRal] #45236 01/19/2009 3:27 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
 Originally Posted By: KRal
How much money could the NRA save by not sending out all that junk mail??? Just a thought...KRal

If the response rate wasn't sufficient to justify the expense then they would quit sending it. I would rather get mail from them than have to endure the fools trying to outlaw our guns.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: A Challenge [Re: Gary] #45238 01/19/2009 3:31 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Gary
I would rather get mail from them than have to endure the fools trying to outlaw our guns.

Amen Gary!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: A Challenge [Re: Gary] #45242 01/19/2009 4:29 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Gary
How much money could the NRA save by not sending out all that junk mail??? Just a thought...KRal

If the response rate wasn't sufficient to justify the expense then they would quit sending it. I would rather get mail from them than have to endure the fools trying to outlaw our guns.

Thank you, that's exactly how I feel!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: A Challenge [Re: KRal] #45268 01/19/2009 9:35 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert

I was getting the same thing. So at the NRA booth while I was at the sportsman show in Harrisburg I complained. The fellow behind the desk gave me a form to fill out and all the mail stopped. I'll bet I don't get 3 or 4 letters a year from them now. I don't even get the entry to the big gun/hunt sweepstakes. Something you might want to look into.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: A Challenge [Re: Tigger] #45869 01/27/2009 10:28 PM
Sawfish Offline
veteran
veteran
I have been an NRA Life Member for many years, and upgraded to Endowment Life about fifteen years ago. I intermittently send various amounts to the ILA depending on what is going on at the time. I will accept your $50 challenge, and further challenge everyone to give $50 + $10 for each year Obama is in office (i.e. $60 in 2010, $70 in 2011, etc.). Think of it as your contribution to the "Campaign to De-Elect Obama".

Last edited by Sawfish; 01/27/2009 10:30 PM.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
Patron Member NRA;
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA
Re: A Challenge [Re: Sawfish] #45944 01/28/2009 4:38 PM
wtroper Offline
old hand
old hand
I am new to this forum and am a life member of the NRA. I accept your challenge. Check in the mail.

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.
Re: A Challenge [Re: Tigger] #46659 02/08/2009 4:16 PM
Copper Bullet Offline
stranger
stranger
I have been an annual member all of my adult life. I am now 66 (and still enjoying my hunting experiences). With about 48 years of annual dues of $25 or $30 (you do the math), did I miss something about ANNUAL dues? Ha; Ha; Ha;. Money VERY WELL spent.

Hunt safe and have FUN.

Re: A Challenge [Re: Copper Bullet] #47577 02/23/2009 7:33 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
I'm amazed at how many guys on here still haven't posted under this, guess they think all the proposed gun laws are a farce or just don't care. The only other option would be they are obama lovers and don't want to except that his kind of change was founded by Karl Marx.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: A Challenge [Re: wapitirod] #47778 02/25/2009 6:00 AM
Renster of N.H. Offline
Well, I'll post Rod.
I'm not a member of NRA and I'm certainly not an Obama lover. I renewed my membership every 3 years(for a 3 year membership of course)for alot of years. Then came a day when I had a bad experience with billing(we have no record of your 3 year membership payment - in fact we can't even find your previous membership)and donations(we also have no record of the extra $50 for ILA you allegedly sent with your membership renewal). I've little patience for stupidity, and kissed NRA good-bye forever. I do, however, continue my long standing membership with my more local and just as effective Gun Owners of New Hampshire, New Hampshire Law Enforcement Officers Association, and New Hampshire Wildlife Federation. They keep me just as informed, fight anti-gun legislation right here in my state, and have NEVER screwed with me.
I have no bitter issue with other NRA members. I just prefer to keep my money closer to home these days.
Renster

"It's OK to be a sheep, as long as you appreciate the sheepdogs that make it possible"
Re: A Challenge [Re: Renster of N.H.] #47780 02/25/2009 6:25 AM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Come on now, we all can bitch about the small stuff, but the big stuff is REALLY BIG and you (we) need to put our little egos aside and support the NRA as much as we can individually (hey: sign up your wife/girl friend/ kids/friends) because the NRA is our major line of defense in protecting our gun rights.
$25-$50 may seem like it hurts a little now but throw all your guns into the thrasher when Gov. grabs 'em and see what that costs!!

Re: A Challenge [Re: Gary] #47781 02/25/2009 7:21 AM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Yes. Throw it away if you don't feel like you need to help the cause but... next week be thankful that there are those who do...and guess what: not just for you but for all us gun owners.

Re: A Challenge [Re: Gregg Richter] #47782 02/25/2009 7:22 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
Renster, I'm glad your still active with local groups and I hope you decide to give the NRA another chance because while the smaller groups are very important and even neccessary the NRA is the one national organization that can speak for all of us in a unified voice which is what we need in the dark days ahead.

Re: A Challenge [Re: wapitirod] #49696 03/29/2009 5:57 AM
Brett Offline
stranger
stranger
I've never posted on this forum before, but I'm proud to say that I am a Life Member of the NRA.

The NRA truly needs all the members and support it can get - particularly because of the administration that's currently in office. If ignorance replaces common sense and the media is able to influence (i.e. scare) the population that currently doesn't own a firearm and who don't care either way, you'll soon see California-type restrictions (or worse) on a national level. It CAN happen.

Re: A Challenge [Re: Brett] #49697 03/29/2009 7:36 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
Welcome Brett and I agree 100% with your post which is why I started it and Gary and Dan decided to make it somewhat permanent.

Re: A Challenge [Re: wapitirod] #49711 03/29/2009 5:57 PM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
Welcome Brett and I couldn't agree with you more! All gun owners and those that believe in our Constitution need to join the NRA. Even if you don't own a gun, it's important to keep others from changing our Constitution, because if the Second Ammenment is changed that just opens the door to change the rest of them. Please Join The NRA!

rupe

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
<><
Re: A Challenge [Re: rupe] #49712 03/29/2009 6:13 PM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
Here is a little something that was Emailed to me.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and oth ers who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners (they had NO say in this)in Australia (This happened in approx. 2003 or 04) were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: It has now been Approx. 6 years !

7 alarmming statistics:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

((With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.))

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please forward

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
<><
Re: A Challenge [Re: Tigger] #50412 04/16/2009 1:51 AM
larry223 Offline
addict
addict
i just joined again over the years i have a member several times
thought it was time again forsure.
larry

tc,s 223 35rem 7-30 waters 6.5jdj 375
30/30ai 6mm/223 22lr
encores 7mm-08 308
redhawk 44mag.
Re: A Challenge [Re: wapitirod] #50656 04/22/2009 8:52 PM
colohntr59 Offline
stranger
stranger
I just rejoined the NRA after a 1 year or so lapse though been a member basically since late 70's. I accept the $50 challenge as well. Kinda sad to have to 'pay' for my Constitutional Rights, but better to pay a little $ now than a lot less (freedom) later.
Now, I aint no rocket scientist, only graditated from High School in top 100 of my class because there were only about 80 people in it but the following statement looks pretty darn clear to me:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Re: A Challenge [Re: colohntr59] #50675 04/23/2009 5:46 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
welcome colohntr59 and I'm with you, there is nothing to interpret especially when you put it in context with the times. They just got out from under the thumb of tyranny with the use of firearms and they had the foresight to know that regardless of how well the started us out sooner or later someone would try and take us back to the days of rule under brittain or another oppressive type of govt and they knew that we would need our guns to defeat that govt if possible.

Re: A Challenge [Re: Tigger] #52499 06/19/2009 7:19 PM
LShull Offline
I got a great deal on my membership a few months ago.
5 yrs for 125 bucks, you might ask them if they still
have this offer going!!!!

Lee

Re: A Challenge [Re: LShull] #52512 06/20/2009 5:19 AM
rawhide kid Offline
Hi guys! I just got back from a trip for the wife to visit her kin,(covering Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Louisiana). I have been doing the easy pay on the life member uprade since the election.

I have a friend in Australia who is a minister. He was an active sportsman and because he was in a gun club and had a permit his 45 target gun was pasted over on the first gun grab.
What most people do not know is last year thier government passed a caliber restriction without first warning it was comming! He lost his 45 and his permit and can not apply for one for five years, and this is a minister for crying out load!

The NRA needs backing from all gun owners, period!

NRA LIFE MEMBER, Retired Air Force: SS Ruger Bisley 5.5 45LC, EAA Witness 38Supr, S&W 625 Mnt Gun in 45LC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 94 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod