Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gun News #4036 10/02/2004 2:39 AM
Gary Offline OP
Distinguished Master
OP Offline
Distinguished Master
For the past couple of weeks I've been posting information on the Gun News forum from the NRA, SCI, NSSF, and a few other sources. One specific to Virginia, the VCDL, has nearly daily battles with the anti-gun crowd across the state. I can't imagine the scene is any different any place else in this country, except that not all states have a grassroots organization as effective as the VCDL. I think too many firearms owners just turn a blind eye to the antis hoping they'll just go away and leave us alone. Well that will never happen so if we want to keep our guns we had better get on the ball and start getting the political ball rolling in our favor like Virginia has done.

I find it interesting that the posts don't get very much attention. For the most part all of us should be fighting mad over the abuses that happen daily.

For those that don't think there is a threat to the 2nd amendment you should read through the VCDL update pages just from the past few weeks. One of the biggest problems is localities that decide to make their own rules on firearms. Fortunately VA has nipped this in the bud with a preemption law that says the state is the only authority but no-so in other states.

For those that think Kerry is a better alternative than Bush consider his relations with Fienstine, Kennedy and other senators of the same ilk. Where do you think he's going to stand on your gun rights?

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Gun News [Re: Gary] #4037 10/03/2004 4:24 AM
45nut Offline
I agree Gary,
Those topics are going to be the number one reason I step into the voting booth. I will be a one topic voter.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod