Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . #51242 05/12/2009 12:08 AM
Raptortrapper Offline OP
Shooting Master
OP Offline
Shooting Master
Now I need some help finding barrels for the thing!!! Got a HECK of a deal on the frame and stock of this stainless pro hunter, but would like to find a good place to find a pistol grip and fore end, and some pistol barrels -- even if they are used. Anyone know of such a place?

Also, thank you to all of you for your help in my quest of replacing my .460 smith and wesson. It was my first hunting handgun, and as of now, is my favorite gun of any kind that I have shot so far. Got it for hunting elk in Colorado, but have now moved to Texas, and even though they say things in Texas are bigger, there is NOTHING here to justify hunting with that .460 S&W!!! Obviously whoever said things are bigger in texas never did any hunting in Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska, or New Mexico! :-)

Last edited by raptortrapper; 05/12/2009 12:10 AM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: Raptortrapper] #51243 05/12/2009 12:41 AM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Where abouts are you in TX?

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: Gary] #51244 05/12/2009 12:55 AM
slavage Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
i have a new in the pack blue 15 inch 30-06 barrel if your intersted toss me a pm
Dave

Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: slavage] #51246 05/12/2009 3:38 AM
Is that a cub Offline
Ive got a stainless 17HMR barrel, with bases and rings and 280 rounds if your interested. PM me.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand
Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: Raptortrapper] #51251 05/12/2009 12:27 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Quote:
frame and stock of this stainless pro hunter, but would like to find a good place to find a pistol grip and fore end, and some pistol barrels

Congrats on the new purchase, but if this is a rifle frame you may get into some hot water if you make it into a pistol. Not that you would ever get checked but if you did......

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: s4s4u] #51252 05/12/2009 12:36 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Quote:
frame and stock of this stainless pro hunter, but would like to find a good place to find a pistol grip and fore end, and some pistol barrels

Congrats on the new purchase, but if this is a rifle frame you may get into some hot water if you make it into a pistol. Not that you would ever get checked but if you did......

Those were my thoughts also as I read your post. If the frame was sold as a rifle it's illeagle to use it as a pistol. Not trying to be a downer, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

From time to time good deal on barrels come up in the classifieds. CDNN sports will also have closeouts on barrels from time to time at a good savings.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: Tigger] #51284 05/13/2009 2:30 AM
Raptortrapper Offline OP
Shooting Master
OP Offline
Shooting Master
I am in north Fort Worth -- by Eagle Mountain Lake.

Thanks for the offers on the barrels guys, but I am looking for something in stainless, and at least a .243 caliber in rifle barrels. As for handguns, I'd like a .357 or .44 mag for hunting. Eventually, I'd like to get that .460 barrel for elk hunting when I get to go again. What a great calliber that was! No need to shoot anything over 200 grain SST out of it. Those things are ACCURATE as all get out even at 200 yards, and LETHAL for sure!

I checked with the law, and they said that here in texas, i am legal to switch back and forth between handgun and rifle/shotgun as long as the stock/grip and barrel combinations are within certain lengths for each. In short, if its a handgun, it has to be under a certain length. If its a long gun, it has to be over a certain length.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: Raptortrapper] #51289 05/13/2009 4:36 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Quote:
I checked with the law, and they said that here in texas, i am legal to switch back and forth between handgun and rifle/shotgun as long as the stock/grip and barrel combinations are within certain lengths for each. In short, if its a handgun, it has to be under a certain length. If its a long gun, it has to be over a certain length.

You best get that in writing, and hope you don't get checked by a Fed 'cause they have a different set of rules.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: WOOO-HOOO! Got a new Encore pro hunter. . . [Re: s4s4u] #51292 05/13/2009 11:26 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
...You best get that in writing...

Sounds like good advice to me!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod