Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Toy for Daddy #53383 07/24/2009 12:43 AM
kynardsj Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Did a bit of horse trading with a local guy and will be bringing a Taurus PT1911 home tomorrow. Got my new scope on the Contender so I believe both of them need a trip to the range this weekend. My wife and grandson got to play last time. Now it's Daddys turn.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Re: New Toy for Daddy [Re: kynardsj] #53384 07/24/2009 1:29 AM
rlb Offline
old hand
old hand
I bought one of the Taurus 1911's last year for a carry gun and to date it has performed flwlessly. When I first got it it got 200 rounds through it rapid fire and never skipped a beat. The finish wore of from a Kydex holster, but I didn't buy it for the finish. I wouldn't hesitate to trust my life and my loved ones to it.

Re: New Toy for Daddy [Re: rlb] #53402 07/25/2009 12:17 AM
kynardsj Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Went to the range with mine this afternoon and am very pleased with it. The gun will shoot better than I can. The straight eight sights took a bit of getting used to but after a short time I could keep em in about a two inch group in the bullseye at 25 paces. I think that'll do just fine for home and truck protection. It's the AR model so now I gotta get me a snap on fixture to hold my Streamlight when I hear a bump in the night.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod