Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Charlie time! #53463 07/26/2009 4:10 AM
Tigger Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
The last few days have been interesting. The weather has been screwy! I have been chased out of the field 3 times from rain. One minute it’s sunny and beautiful and the next a dark cloud moves in and it’s poring. Then half an hour later it’s sunny again.

Anyway, yesterday I was stalking down a hedgerow and I spotted a charlie about a 125 yards down. He bolted for the fence line before I could get set up. I kept moving down the fence line and it occurs to me the top of a fence post where the charlie disappeared looked a little funny. Sure enough sitting on top of a post was Mr. Charlie. I move to my right a few yards for a sure back stop and set up. BANG!! I hear the bullet slap the chuck and he falls off the post. A 77 yard shot with the BEE off the top of a fence post. COOL! In the picture between the middle and bottom wire you can see a light area where he was climbing the post and had scratched off the weathered wood.

Today I got back out and went 5 for 6 shots with the BEE. My fourth kill today was number 50. The BEE took him at 114 yards. I have a grand total of 51 for the year. He was looking right at me and I placed the cross hairs on his neck. You can see the exit hole in the back of his neck, it hit the spine perfectly centered. I don't think he felt a thing.
\:\)

The wind really picked up late this afternoon. The 40gr bullet really gets pushed around, and the BEE is not the best choice for shots over 150 yards. I have memorized the drop of this bullet and the wind drift correction for a 10 mph crosswind. The scope does not have mil-dots but I have shot this gun enough to know about how much hold over and windage I need. The chuck was standing up with his head cocked back and his nose in the air. I figured he was 175 yards away. I put the horizontal cross hair one inch above his nose and the vertical crosshair about four inches into the wind. At the shot the charlie disappeared. I walked out and checked the distance at 184 yards. The bullet hit almost dead center of his chest. That was 6 inches of drop and 6 inches of drift. Perfect! Not too bad for a really windy day and a light bullet.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Charlie time! [Re: Tigger] #53493 07/26/2009 7:35 PM
rlb Offline
old hand
old hand
Ya everybody swings a shot like that once in a while ;). Nice Job! Looks like Charlie is in trouble out there.

Re: Charlie time! [Re: Tigger] #53508 07/27/2009 1:05 AM
clayzzz Offline
I'm throwing in the towel I don't have a chance. I'm going to keep on trying but you've got me. Way to go Tig you the man you must be over run with pigs I can't wait to see how many you end up with.

Re: Charlie time! [Re: clayzzz] #53513 07/27/2009 1:57 AM
Tigger Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Clayzzz, don't throw in the towel just yet. How about we go 2 to 1????

As you know I have not been able to hunt for the last two years so the charlies have been able to prolificate. The farmers I help out have been begging me to come and hunt.

I usually get 70-80 on a regular year. I have a feeling this year the total will be higher.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Charlie time! [Re: Tigger] #53553 07/28/2009 12:36 AM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
Cool story Tig.
Keep on thinnin' 'em out.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 74 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod