Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video #55112 09/03/2009 3:13 AM
Gregg Richter Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Have you ever had the perfect set up: you drew your coveted tag, you have been getting up at o’dark-thirty and braving the cold mornings, you have been hunting hard and you have finally spotted the trophy you want; you made the good stalk, you got in the right shooting position and with the sights perfect you squeezed the trigger on your best handload in your handgun chosen for just this moment and then…

”Click.”

In total disbelief and heart crushing mental agony, you watch that great animal bound away as if in slow motion but in real time it is way too fast.

Well, I have. And you may have also.

So what do you do? Well, for me, I just get out after it and find that or another better trophy and do it all over again.

Kind of like gettin’ busted off a bronc and then hitchin’ yerself up and getting’ back on his back again… Been there and done that. Even did it once in front of a paying group of clients that I was guiding on a trail ride. Maybe that could qualify as a new definition of embarrassment.

Well, because I got right back up on Travis’s back and treated him firmly yet kindly, and did it many more times throughout the years, Travis has now become one of my favorite, and YES, most trusted, horses.

What I’m sayin’ here in a roundabout way is that through a miscommunication concerning my new Handgun Hunting Video, word has gotten out prematurely about my website.

Yes the website WILL come up if you type in the URL but as of the moment I write this you CANNOT order my Video FROM THE WEBSITE because the website is still being developed and it is not ready yet to be announced to the public.

THE GOOD NEWS is that all this is in the process of changing minute by minute and very very soon my website WILL be up and running and you WILL be able to order my Video from the website.

As advertised in the AUGUST SIXGUNNER in the advertisement that I paid for, my Video CAN be ordered through the mail.

Thank you for reading this and understanding. And thank you for your patience.

When my website is operational I will announce it right here. Right here on Handgun Hunter Magazine. I was waiting to announce the Video and the website all at once but that water is long gone under the bridge...

Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: Gregg Richter] #55119 09/03/2009 4:59 AM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I look forward to seeing your video Gregg!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: pab1] #55124 09/03/2009 5:45 AM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Gregg,
Don't worry, we will be impatient--Oh, I mean patient, well, it is hard to wait...:)

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: Ernie] #55129 09/03/2009 1:13 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
When that happens to me, I just pull the hammer back and it advances the cylinder to the next round -- got to love those revolvers!

Seriously, though, stuff happens -- hunting is unpredictable and that is what makes it so challenging and so much fun. I am looking forward to your video as well!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: Ernie] #55144 09/03/2009 8:50 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Ernie
Gregg,
Don't worry, we will be impatient--Oh, I mean patient, well, it is hard to wait...:)

That's what I mean...

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: KRal] #55161 09/04/2009 1:24 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
No problem Gregg.

Dan and I will get our copy when we meet you in October.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: Tigger] #55179 09/04/2009 3:43 PM
Russell Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If it weren't for 'Mr. Murphy', life would be dull. Bet it'll be worth the wait.

It's not the gun, but the man behind it.

Sheriff Russell Cottle, Ret.
USMC; 1967-1970; Vietnam-'68-'69
Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: Russell] #55183 09/04/2009 8:55 PM
Gregg Richter Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Thank all you Handgun Hunting Brothers (and Sisters) that hang out here.

Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: Gregg Richter] #55184 09/04/2009 9:38 PM
huntkng Offline
addict
addict
Gregg, We've hunted together (with you and Joe) and I just want to say that you are one of the most honest of people I know. I know you to be a man of your word (a much rarer thing today then in the past) and as we all know "Poo Poo" happens.

No worries on this end,

Bill in OR

Re: I Want to Set the Record Straight on my Video [Re: huntkng] #55238 09/05/2009 6:47 PM
3dcadman Offline
Thank you all for the patience. The actual announcement was scheduled to appear in the October issue of the Sixgunner. But as they say, Good things come to those who wait.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 56 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod