Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mountain molds? #61373 12/15/2009 2:06 PM
44happy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey Guys, I just recently started casting my own bullets. I am on the hunt for a new mold for my 44. I came across a company called mountain molds and was wondering if any of you had used this company before. I'm using a lee mold now and am not impressed with it. Any other suggestions for bullet mold companies? Best- worst? Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Mountain molds? [Re: 44happy] #61404 12/15/2009 11:21 PM
rlb Offline
old hand
old hand
Check out LBT molds.

Re: Mountain molds? [Re: rlb] #61505 12/18/2009 3:58 AM
anachronism Offline
I second the LBT recommendation. LBT bullets are designed for hunters, and are not rehashes of older, less successful designs. Veral is a wealth of information, and he gives it freely. He is very opinionated, but knows what hunters & target shooters need. He is currently having a mould sale, and there are some screaming deals to be had, but you need to contact him first for instructions on what he needs measurements on, and how to do it. Then he'll make recommendations based on your needs. It seems like he asks for a lot of meaningless information, but as you gain experience casting, you'll look back on it & it'll all makes sense.
First of all, I suggest you read his website, so you'll have an idea of the questions he'll ask for. It's not like ordering a burger, you'll need to e-mail back & forth a few times to get all the information sorted out. If you need any help, just ask, there's a lot of knowledgeable people on these boards.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 72 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod