Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Now and Then...You just get lucky #61666 12/22/2009 1:12 AM
Renster of N.H. Offline OP
OP Offline
I just stepped in it and had to share with SOMEONE! (I tried my wife and she just shrugged her shoulders and gave me that "yeah...so?" look over her glasses)
Stopped at one of my local haunts on Saturday to procure my despair of paying too much for ammo that I have to have. Shuffled with shoulders slumped to the big bore handgun ammo shelf to seal my depression and empty my bank account for 1 lousy box of Speer GD 270 soft point .44 Magnum. To my surprise, the shelf was chock full of both 200 grain hollow points as well as my sought after 270 SP's. Wow...guess I'll be able to grab a box after all. Picked one up and turned it over - $15 even!!! Holy Heart Attack!!! I swiveled my head around like I had just discovered gold! "Does anybody else know this is here"?!
I quick snapped up 4 boxes and scurried to the counter before someone could slap me on the back and say "Ha-Ha..Just kidding. Hand 'em over".
The kid at the register (they're all kids to me these days) said "oohh, BIG bore huh". I said "umm...yup. Here's my card, I'm kinda in a hurry? (still worried someone would tell me it's all a big joke). Ker-ching.
Out I went!
Like I said, I giddily showed my wife my big find. She thinks I'm losin' it...I think.

Had to share with a sympathetic crowd guys.

\:\)

Renster

"It's OK to be a sheep, as long as you appreciate the sheepdogs that make it possible"
Re: Now and Then...You just get lucky [Re: Renster of N.H.] #61667 12/22/2009 1:35 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
SCORE! Congrats.

I've gotten lucky a couple of times with new old stock at stores.

My X would never understand my glee either. She gone, my dogs are happy for me.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Now and Then...You just get lucky [Re: s4s4u] #61692 12/22/2009 4:24 PM
huntkng Offline
addict
addict
I know the guilt you are feeling. I can help with that. Out of the goodness of my Lilly white heart I'll allow you to send them to me to be destroyed one piece at a time....no don't thank me.

Just e-mail me for my address. In order to complete your cleansing you'll need to pay shipping also. Go and sin no more!

Bill in OR

Re: Now and Then...You just get lucky [Re: huntkng] #61702 12/22/2009 11:48 PM
OP Offline
Park Rapids;
I would have bought the whole shelfful if'n I had no restraint what-so-ever! Mastercard can be such a tempting outlet!

Kng;
I simply could not live with myself if I was to tempt you into collaboration of my world of sin. However, send me $60 and your personal choice of lusty .44 caliber iron and I will gladly purchase 4 more boxes of the devilish fodder and dispose of it myself, thereby saving your very soul!!!

\:\)

Resnter

"It's OK to be a sheep, as long as you appreciate the sheepdogs that make it possible"
Re: Now and Then...You just get lucky [Re: Renster of N.H.] #61887 12/26/2009 9:56 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Renster,Know the feeling. A few days ago I went on line to Widners to get some Nosler patition bullets for my 454 because they are being discontinued. I just happen to go to the primer section and the only ones in stock were CCI 350 mag pistol primers. I figured it was a mistake but I ordered 2 boxes (2000). I was shocked when I recieved my partition bullets and 2000 new CCi mag primers.James

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: Now and Then...You just get lucky [Re: jamesfromjersey] #61889 12/26/2009 11:22 PM
H2OBUG Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I got some 356 Winchester from widner on a close out the other day.

I still need a few rifle bullets but other than that I am good

If it jams force it! If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Re: Now and Then...You just get lucky [Re: H2OBUG] #61908 12/27/2009 4:07 AM
OP Offline
356 Winchester!

How much were those on close out?!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod