Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Scope Fit For SBH Hunter #61969 12/28/2009 4:16 AM
NHSHTR Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have a SBH Bisley Hunter and was thinking of getting the Nikon Encore 2.5-8 x 32 scope for it. However, I read a review of the Nikon in the Product Reviews here in Handgun Hunter and the writer said because of it's ocular size, it wouldn't fit unless the rear sight was removed. The manual cautions that the rear sight should only be removed if it's essential because the very small elevation springs can easily be lost. I suppose I could put the little buggers in a plastic bag for safe keeping, but would like to hear some opinions from hunters with experience. Has anyone had experience with this scope on a SBH hunter? Even after removing the rear sight, is there a good non-interference fit? Smarter to go with a different scope? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Scope Fit For SBH Hunter [Re: NHSHTR] #61974 12/28/2009 4:44 AM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
You may want to re-verify that it won't fit because they have changed that scope in the past couple of years.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Scope Fit For SBH Hunter [Re: Gary] #61976 12/28/2009 5:17 AM
NHSHTR Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Gary,
I just checked and the Nikon website lists the eyepiece dia. at 1.61" the same as the one in the review. So this spec, at least, hasn't changed. I can't tell if there was a change in the SBH, but I would think most likely not.

Re: Scope Fit For SBH Hunter [Re: NHSHTR] #61985 12/28/2009 1:39 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I had the same problem with my burris. It's not so much the lens size as it is the length of the scope. I called Ruger about it and they said to send them the rings that came with it and they would replace them with higher rings at no charge. So I did, problem solved! With the high rings you can mount any scope you desire without removing rear sight.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 36 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod