Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sad weekend for Wisconsin Deer Hunters #5094 11/23/2004 1:41 PM
Rick Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I am not sure if anyone saw the Yahoo headline regarding the 5 murdered and 3 injured deer hunters in Wisconsin. Two of the injured were hanging on by a thread as of last night. Apparently a "hunter" (used loosely) was trespassing and when confronted he "agreed" to leave the property. He went approximately 40 yards and the opened fire on the group that asked him to leave. These hunters were killed instantly. Upon hearing the rapid fire the rest of the hunting party came to determine what the problem was. They too were met with gunfire. This "hunter" was using an SKS 7.62X39 for his weapon of choice. The arriving hunters did not stand much of a chance. Younger hunters remained in the cabin and notified the authorities. Thank goodness someone had taught these children properly.
When the police and DNR arrived, the least injured of the group was able to provide the "back tag" number of the assailant. In Wisconsin the hunter must display his/her hunting license on the back of the outer garment.
The assailant used all 20 rounds of ammo and started wandering the woods. He was found by some unknowing hunters and brought to safety. Luckily, a law officer who was aware of the back tag number saw the assailant and placed him into custody without incident.
I post this to simply remind all of us that we must stay on our toes even when hunting on private property and to ask that we all remember, in our thoughts and prayers, the families who have lost husbands, fathers and friends.
Rick.

Re: Sad weekend for Wisconsin Deer Hunters [Re: Rick] #5095 11/23/2004 1:56 PM
nfmMike Offline
stranger
stranger
And a sixth died last night. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Semper Fi! Mike
Re: Sad weekend for Wisconsin Deer Hunters [Re: Rick] #5096 11/23/2004 3:39 PM
jim257 Offline
addict
addict
probably will pleed insanity or something like that,and just think at the anti gun/hunting community...this is a great thing for them.lets all here keep their familys in our thoughts and prayers.this was sensless attack on hunters by a "fellow hunter"i guess i will think twice before talking with another hunter in the woods!jim257

get-r-done
Re: Sad weekend for Wisconsin Deer Hunters [Re: jim257] #5097 11/23/2004 11:29 PM
drdoolittle_1 Offline
In my opinion, this has nothing to do with hunting or "assault weapons".......he is just another G*& D&%# murderer, thats all. But, of course, the media will frenzy on it.
Dave

The Gun Garage "We fix ugly guns"
Re: Sad weekend for Wisconsin Deer Hunters [Re: Rick] #5098 11/24/2004 1:35 AM
HoggHunter Offline
addict
addict
Yes indeed this is sad, HE remember that the actions of anyone using firearms reflects on the shooting community. be cautious when you are being critical of what kind of firearm was being used. I overheard a group of hunters this morning at breakfast denigating this individual because he was using an "assault weapon", this same group has been critical of those Handgunners who are using "short barreled rifles", don't fall into the habit of publicly making statements that the press can use in any way to show support for another run at an AWB. What this individual did was unthinkable, but don't let the gun regulators take advantage of this high profile incident.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod