Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Contender Forarm? #67099 03/25/2010 1:58 PM
trad-hunter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I am wanting to put a bipod on my T/C contender but the forarm I have the bipod will not fit. I have seen some contenders with longer forarms and I was wondering if those were rifle forarms? Will a rifle forarm fit my super 14 30-30win. barrel? Thanks!

T/C Contender Super 14 30-30win
In GOD We Trust!
Re: Contender Forarm? [Re: trad-hunter] #67101 03/25/2010 2:27 PM
Bob Roach Offline
old hand
old hand
I have Pachmayr Grip and Forends on all my Contenders.

To install the Pachmayr Forend a Forend adapter is required. This is an aluminum block. One comes with the forend, if you have multiple barrels buy extras and leave them installed on the barrels, it is much easier to leave them attached.

Install an Uncle Mikes sling swivel stud instead of the forend retaining screw. You can do this 2 ways. Get One the correct length, and just screw it in. Method 2 drill out the factory Uncle Mikes Nut and use it for a spacer on the stud. This will expose more of the stud end.

This will take care of your Bipod installation.

Now for a second improvement, get a second grip screw. Available at any good hardware store. Take yours with you to match it up. Get a second Uncle Mike sling swivel stud, and have it cut to length to fit in the screw head recess for the allen wrench and either silver soldered into the screws hex head, or welded with a wire feed. I had all of mine done befroe my gunsmith had a wire feed, so mine are silver soldered.

Now you have 2 sling points so you can carry the Contender with a sling. You can also put the factory butt screw back in if you do not want it sticking down, like when shooting off the truck hood or some other location when you might not want the pistolgrip stud sticking down.

That should fix you up. Their could be other ways of doing this besides my way.

See You At The Range
Re: Contender Forarm? [Re: Bob Roach] #67108 03/25/2010 4:37 PM
trad-hunter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks for the info Bob!

T/C Contender Super 14 30-30win
In GOD We Trust!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 122 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod