Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T/Cs anonymous #5354 12/03/2004 3:22 PM
DanS Offline OP
OP Offline
My name is Dan and it's been 2 long months since I bought my last barrel. The withdrawal has placed a great deal of pressure on me and my family. I'm coping. But there is a 7-30 Waters barrel that I need.........................

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: DanS] #5355 12/03/2004 3:32 PM
Hawkeye Offline
old hand
old hand
My name is Mike, it has been 7 months, yes 7, since I purchased or traded for a Contender barrel. I did buy a Contender frame but that is just not the same. I have been eyeballn' a new 6.5JDJ for some time. I have the SSK web site as my screen saver and know each page by heart. I need a fix and hope to have one by spring if I can hold out.
Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, You get old because you quit playing.
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: Hawkeye] #5356 12/03/2004 6:26 PM
WNY_Whitetailer Offline
Ummm...My name is Mike and I am not going to purchase a Contender or Encore pistol anytime soon. I fear that I will be forced to purchase accessory barrels on a monthly basis therefore moving along divorce proceedings much quicker than ever thought before... Just kidding about the divorce...But the other half would not be happy if I were out buying a new barrel every other month. Awww, shucks it will make me happy though...I'm so torn

Patience comes with age and you can't teach common sense
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: DanS] #5357 12/03/2004 8:25 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
my name is kyle........and i have taken out a loan to buy a OTT contender barrel, and 2 burris scopes. i now acknowledge that i have a problem.

i will now work really hard to redeem myself.
it's a good thing i have an understanding wife. i figure now that she has sacrificed to make my dreams come true, i will also try to make hers come true........err.... maybe they already did when she married me hehehe

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: KYODE] #5358 12/04/2004 12:44 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Hi, my name is Dale, I don't have a problem, I'm OK and feel fine!! I just wish this small twitch would go away. The only time I feel relief is after the purchase of a handgun, the euphoria seems to calm it. BUT I'M FINE REALLY!!!!

Buy it DanS, buy it!! WNY_Whitetailer it's only a matter of time before you come to the break open side. You can not resist!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: DanS] #5359 12/04/2004 1:16 AM
48panhead Offline
This stuff cracks me up! My wife thinks im a little obsessed but has no clue. Wait till income tax time and yearly bonus time at work.I see more barrels for my encore and reloading equipment. etc. etc. etc.

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: DanS] #5360 12/04/2004 1:21 AM
ccdhowell Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
This is a hard time of year for me and my family. My understanding wife never says a word all year long about barrels and scopes, 4 each this year. Yet I feel the need to redeem myself at Christmas time and shower her with lavish gifts of the small, shiny sort. I feel so ashamed, I need help....................................to buy that next barrel!

Do I have a problem?

6.5x55 Swede.....and that's all I nede.
Hard-luck huntin' in Louisiana. Chris
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: ccdhowell] #5361 12/04/2004 6:20 AM
deadeye Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
my name is rick and it has been 2 months since my last encore bbl(a 50ae bbl).IAM FINE (i ordered a fox ridge bbl on nov 1 ..

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: deadeye] #5362 12/05/2004 2:06 PM
IKE Offline
My name is Ike and yes I'm a barrel-a-holic.

I got in a 14" 30-30AI Contender barrel this week and a 15" Encore barrel in 7.5x55 Swiss a few weeks ago and have yet to fire either of them.....I was headed to the range this morning with the 30-30AI but it's raining.

Oh did I mention that a couple weeks ago I sold off my VVCG 12 1/2" 7mm08 Encore barrel to a fella to fund yet another Fox Ridge Custom Shop barrel ? I wanted something a little longer and meatier so the Encore barrel ordered is also in 7-08 but it's a 15" heavy barrel.

Someone please help me !

Ike

Vietnam veteran.
NRA Range Safety Officer.
IHMSA # 48226.
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: DanS] #5363 12/05/2004 3:26 PM
RSA_LT Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Aah yes. Dear doctor it has been too long since I bought my last barrel. I must confess a certain amount of envy reading through posts like this. You guys (and girls) don't know how lucky you are. My T/c barrel wish list is long. But living in a country where the firearm (that is barrel and not the receiver) is licensed and not the person, means buying the barrel that tickles your fancy ........and then having to wait 3 - 12 months before you're legally entitled to send anything through it (can't even bring it home to mom and the kids). Of course the authorities need justification. "I just want it" isn't a valid reason apparently. So many barrels so little time.

LT

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: RSA_LT] #5364 12/05/2004 4:32 PM
LDHunter Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
My name is $bob$ and I must confess that I don't understand what your problems are... I just sold all my Contender frames and barrels about 6 months ago. I admitted to and confessed my addiction and went completely cold turkey.

I now live a normal life and feel so much better.

Whenever I feel the urge to buy a Contender barrel I just run to my computer where I experience the bliss of a suitable and maybe even better replacement for my Contender addiction....
And I get on the classified ads and buy ENCORES!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

$bob$

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: LDHunter] #5365 12/05/2004 7:53 PM
tommyn Offline
My name is Tommy and I also have a problem but its speading. Yesterday going to town wife looked at me and you need another barrel for you havn't gotten one lately. Doesn't know about my last OTT barrel. Life is good in SW MO.

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: LDHunter] #5366 12/06/2004 5:20 PM
RSA_LT Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Nice one $bob$. Didn't see that one coming. Making fun of us mortals. I promised one day when I grow up I'll look at Encore's - Where did you say we have to look (I'm thinking of adding that to my list of New Year's resolutions).

LT

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: RSA_LT] #5367 12/06/2004 5:52 PM
LDHunter Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I buy 'em on the classified here and on several other forums. I don't know if that will work for you due to your "remote" location...

Hey... Encores ain't better... They're just more "powerful" and I hunt where bang flop loads are pretty important.

$bob$

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: LDHunter] #5368 12/06/2004 9:27 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
LD,
Little OT here, but I was curious about your "Rock Rifle." Is it up and running? Secondly, have you accomplished your LR goals with it yet? Third, are you set up with an Encore for LR in a handgun yet?

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: Ernie] #5369 12/07/2004 9:01 PM
LDHunter Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
XP,

Rock Rifle is sitting collecting dust because I've spent the whole dang summer rennovating our home to sell...

I've barely had time to sight in my hunting guns and hunt the two weeks of season here in SW Florida.

Now the house is done and goes on the market in a couple of days and I'll move to North Florida just in time to start their 2 month gun season...

The Rock Rifle won't get a workout until Spring...

I have a factory stainless Encore 15" 308 barrel that seems to be a real tack driver. I'm WELL under an inch for 5 shot groups at 100 with it... If I could shoot the dang thing better I'd find out how well it REALLY shoots.

I also have a 6mmPPC VVCG 13" Shilen barrel that I've yet to fire. It'll get a workout in small game season in February.

Other than that I'm busy wiping the drool from my keyboard because there's a 6mmBR XP-100 for sale on AccurateReloading and I'm gettin' weak...

I wish someone would HURRY up and buy the dang thing...

$bob$

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: LDHunter] #5370 12/07/2004 9:37 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I want to ease all the pain you guys are feeling, so please see my adds in the classifides
I can't cure you, but I can make you feel better

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: Vance in AK.] #5371 12/08/2004 5:39 AM
DanS Offline OP
OP Offline
On a site where people are just trying to help each other, Vance is up there trying to make a buck off of us. How shallow! You should be ashamed for trying to exploit our affliction.

Sorry Vance. After reading the post about our favorite Kentuckian and boy deers, I felt like jumping into the ring.

Dan

Re: T/Cs anonymous [Re: DanS] #5372 12/08/2004 6:20 AM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Here I am, just trying to help from the very depths of my heart, & once again I'm missunderstood.
Will the pain never end!!! Will the sun ever shine again???
Will the world never appreciate me for the humanitarian(sp?) I really am????
Will nobody buy my Contenders???
By the way Dan, that was Gman that insulted Kyle. I'd never think of doing such a thing. He's one of my favorite red necks!

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod