Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt #68447 04/24/2010 1:22 AM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
I am in the process of trying to get a group of us handgun hunters to meet at Goldmine Hunting Preserve on Dec. 17th and/or Dec. 18th to hunt boar and exotics. So far Jamesfromjersey, SChunter, and myself are definates to make the hunt. We are looking for about 4-5 more guys/girls to make this a really good time. The preserve is set up perfectly for handgun hunters. It makes No difference if you shoot revolvers or single shots/jacketed or cast. Lets just get together to have a fun hunt. Check out the web site for the preserve at goldminehuntingpreserve.net or send me a PM, I would love to answer any questions you have. Remember a guaranteed hunt doesn't mean a kill is guaranteed, just that the animal you are hunting is guaranteed to be there. Shooting straight is up to you. We need to plan this in advance to insure that this hunt will be a success. Anybody in NC, Va, SC, or Tenn would only have a short trip. If you are interested send me a PM and lets get this ball rolling!

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #68492 04/25/2010 2:16 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I may be interested.........I really need to see how the PA Grubbener Rendell is going to screw us this summer with holding out on passing a budget. He's the reason I did not apply for WY this fall.

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Dan B.] #68568 04/27/2010 1:36 AM
TJCMO Offline
PM sent.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: TJCMO] #68585 04/27/2010 11:37 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I really hope to be able to make it!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Whitworth] #68620 04/28/2010 12:39 AM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
I have really enjoyed talking w/ my fellow handgunners about attending this hunt. REMEMBER - in order to ensure your spot for the hunt you must put your name on my "David's" hunt for Dec. 18th. There are a total of 10 spots available w/ several already claimed. Call Gerald Almond at (704) 786-0619 to reserve your spot. The plan is to arrive sometime during the day on Friday, Dec. 17th hopefully in time to hunt that afternoon and then hunt the following day. You should be able to stay at the hunting lodge if you like or there are several hotels in the area. It is also important to know what you want to hunt. If you have any questions send me a PM and I'll give you my #.

Thanks guys for making this hunt a success

David

Last edited by Franchise; 05/01/2010 3:48 AM.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #68772 04/30/2010 10:32 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
What's the count so far?

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: KRal] #68782 05/01/2010 12:40 AM
Renster of N.H. Offline
Checked their web site.

It's just about what I expected.

Shooting less-than-wild exotics from permanent platforms. They even boast that most "shooters" (they actually write "hunters") harvest their game on the first day. Can't be much "hunting" going on at this hunting preserve with an average like that. Plenty of shooting I suppose. But, that's pretty much how it is with those types of places even up here in the Northeast.

Not my kind of "shooting". (I won't call it "hunting")

Fair chase is paramount to my "hunting" style. I just don't understand these types of "shoot" fests on contolled preserves, especially for exotic game not native to the area, and have no desire to.

I've been holding that one in ever since I read this post by Franchise, and resisted responding because I try to abide by my own rule of "if you've got nothing nice to say or relavent to add, say nothing!"
But - the feeling that I really don't belong here with you fellas has been growing steadily in me and I have visited less and less. It's nothing personal guys - I have truly enjoyed reading and sharing with many of you. But, the more I read, the more I can't shake the feeling that I don't fit in with the level and type of shooting experience that many of you have. I'm a hunter. Period. I love to hunt, and I don't get too scientific about it. I don't need the latest gadgets, scents, clothing or wiz-bang cartridges to hunt the largest bucks I can find. What It does require is skill, Knowledge of the game and habitat, concentration, patience, woodsmanship, and experience at failure as well as success. I just don't seem to find many fellas here that share my simple notions of "hunting". This seems to be more of a "shooters" sight, and I don't think that I belong here with you. It's not that I'm too good for you fellas, quite the oposite - it's that maybe you are on some other level than I. Thats the best that I can describe it without offending - which of course, is not my intent.
As I said, I find myself visiting here less and less, and likely will just disappear quietly at some point, because when I'm away from the sight for awhile, I lose touch with whats going on and feel way behind when I do visit.

Geeze! Sorry fellas. No disrespect meant. Just been feeling this way about the sight for a while and decided this was the night to get it out.

Take Care All. Espesially those that I have PM'd with in jovial banter. You know who you are.
\:\)

Ren

"It's OK to be a sheep, as long as you appreciate the sheepdogs that make it possible"
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Renster of N.H.] #68785 05/01/2010 1:13 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Well, that was a bit unexpected. I have some thoughts. I hunt quite a bit -- I'm fortunate in that respect, although if I could get out twice as much, it still wouldn't be enough. I'm sure you all understand. Hunting preserves get a bad rap in a lot of cases. Sure, some preserves deserve it, as the challenge is sorely lacking. That said, not all hunting preserves are alike. Years ago I hunted European wild boar at a preserve (that no longer exists) in Missouri. The property was fenced and on the small side at roughly 130 acres. Long story short, it was one of the toughest three day hunts I have ever had the pleasure of partcipating in and I finally got a nice boar in the eleventh hour. Most of the hunting I do is free-ranging and that as you know can be very difficult and challenging, but it won't always be tougher than some preserves. While I have never hunted at Gold Mine, I am willing to give it a fair shake before I personally pass judgement.

Just hope that I can make it in December.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Whitworth] #68801 05/01/2010 3:40 AM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Renster from N.H., I respect your opinion. But I bet you've never hunted exotics. Just a guess. Most places you hunt ducks at will guarantee you can get a limit in a day, but I guess that's TRUE hunting because they are birds. A HUGE percent of all hunting in Africa is behind a fence, but that's TRUE hunting too because it's on a different continent right. On any given day here in NC during deer season I can guarantee that if you can shoot straight you can kill a deer- no fence, but still it's not too hard to kill a deer. A lot of the deer hunting in my area is on 20-30 acres or less - does that mean its canned? I don't think so. In order to condemn something you must try it first. You have to kill it to grill it! Unless PETA is who you support, we must support all hunting and not put down those that hunt exotics, quail or the like that are HUNTED on preserves or ranches. I eat beef, chicken, and pork and I don't whine about the size of the farm or barn or pature that these animals are raised on, but I grew up on a farm and understand the circle of life. When I put on my leather boots, I'm not sorry they came from a poor cow on a little farm and this poor cow was behind a fence and couldn't hide from the mean old farmer. Come on now, hunting exotics is not for everyone and that's fine, but if we start looking down on hunting preserves we're just making the extreme PETA fanatics smile, and that doesn't help any type of hunter.

KRal there are five of us definate for the hunt and several maybes.

Whitworth - thanks for making such logical statements, if only everyone could be so open minded.

I watched Safari Hunters Journal last weekend and they were hunting Lions in South Africa behind a high fence. Hopefully some others got to see this show. I didn't have a problem w/ it. I hope my soapbox speech may make some think a little and we shouldn't argue amongst ourselves - that is unless we want more restrictions on this hunting lifestyle we love.

Take Care All and Happy Shooting/Hunting

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #68806 05/01/2010 1:24 PM
Cruiser Offline
stranger
stranger
Amen Franchise!

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything,
But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Cruiser] #68810 05/01/2010 2:05 PM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Cruiser, that's the coolest thing I've heard in years! Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #68813 05/01/2010 2:41 PM
cottonstalk Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
old Franchise is right never before has there been a greater time when people who enjoy the same activities to stand together.Anyone who pusues game should be supported by everyone who pursues even if it's by a method you don't actually agree with.All those anti's need is a crack.

My days as a houndsman brought ridicule by many,but I always offered anyone a chance to come and see first hand how "easy" following hounds behind bear was.Two took me up on my offer and both came out of the swamps and quit at lunch time.

Every method isn't going to be accepted by everyone,and if we all done it the same way,how boring a world it would be.

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Renster of N.H.] #68814 05/01/2010 2:41 PM
jwp475 Offline
old hand
old hand
 Originally Posted By: Renster of N.H.
Checked their web site.

It's just about what I expected.

Shooting less-than-wild exotics from permanent platforms. They even boast that most "shooters" (they actually write "hunters") harvest their game on the first day. Can't be much "hunting" going on at this hunting preserve with an average like that. Plenty of shooting I suppose. But, that's pretty much how it is with those types of places even up here in the Northeast.

Not my kind of "shooting". (I won't call it "hunting")

Fair chase is paramount to my "hunting" style. I just don't understand these types of "shoot" fests on contolled preserves, especially for exotic game not native to the area, and have no desire to.

I've been holding that one in ever since I read this post by Franchise, and resisted responding because I try to abide by my own rule of "if you've got nothing nice to say or relavent to add, say nothing!"
But - the feeling that I really don't belong here with you fellas has been growing steadily in me and I have visited less and less. It's nothing personal guys - I have truly enjoyed reading and sharing with many of you. But, the more I read, the more I can't shake the feeling that I don't fit in with the level and type of shooting experience that many of you have. I'm a hunter. Period. I love to hunt, and I don't get too scientific about it. I don't need the latest gadgets, scents, clothing or wiz-bang cartridges to hunt the largest bucks I can find. What It does require is skill, Knowledge of the game and habitat, concentration, patience, woodsmanship, and experience at failure as well as success. I just don't seem to find many fellas here that share my simple notions of "hunting". This seems to be more of a "shooters" sight, and I don't think that I belong here with you. It's not that I'm too good for you fellas, quite the oposite - it's that maybe you are on some other level than I. Thats the best that I can describe it without offending - which of course, is not my intent.
As I said, I find myself visiting here less and less, and likely will just disappear quietly at some point, because when I'm away from the sight for awhile, I lose touch with whats going on and feel way behind when I do visit.

Geeze! Sorry fellas. No disrespect meant. Just been feeling this way about the sight for a while and decided this was the night to get it out.

Take Care All. Espesially those that I have PM'd with in jovial banter. You know who you are.
\:\)

Ren

There is room for each and evry type of hunting. "Hunting" is to search for something, the difference is in thelikely hood of finding it.

I do not understand this mind set, killing an animal is just that no matter how you found it in the first place. I bet you have no problem eating a beef steak and it was not hunted

The holyier than thou attitude is lost on me

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: jwp475] #68825 05/01/2010 5:09 PM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Guys-Thank you very much for your support! Even if hunting exotics is not something that interests you, it still should be available for those of us that do enjoy it.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #68846 05/02/2010 12:26 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I once hunted in South Africa and early one moring the PH called me from my tent to look at a pride of 13 lions going to rest up from the previous nights hunt. I then got dressed and went to the Land Rover with my 416 and 454 when I realized I forgot my binocs. Twenty feet from my tent flap is when I saw a lioness laying flat on her belly watching me with those big green eyes and I can clearly remember seeing a fence about 100 yards futher and thinking this is not suppose to happen. She could have easily
taken me but perhaps she thought since we were inside a fence that it was`ent sporting enough. Go figure......

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: jamesfromjersey] #68850 05/02/2010 1:29 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
She could have easily
taken me but perhaps she thought since we were inside a fence that it was`ent sporting enough. Go figure......

LMBO............

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Dan B.] #68851 05/02/2010 1:54 AM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Well said, Mr. Ed!!! Have you been invited to the hunt at Goldmine? Would love to have ya' there.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: edwardkfolmar] #68854 05/02/2010 2:59 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: edwardkfolmar
James,you didn't have that wallet then.she wanted something with substance,not a little plumber,no matter how rich you are.funny how we talk about fenced hunts in Africa,bullshit,most of those fences enclose more area than you can drive in a day.you cant make a comparison.why cant people realize,to each his or her own.go for it ,we all have one life to live.

I agree with you completely, Ed! No matter where you hunt, you will eventually come upon a fence, and does it really change things? Not for me......

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Whitworth] #68855 05/02/2010 3:27 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Eddy, Cant believe how beautiful the wallet is.....Thanks

Life member-NRA-SCI
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: jamesfromjersey] #68875 05/02/2010 2:49 PM
TJCMO Offline
I cannot understand how a "hunter" could pass judgement on any hunting method he doesn't agree with. I hunted in Zimbabwe on the Save ranch. It is just short of 800.000 fenced acres. Does the poster also consider this a preserve hunt???

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: edwardkfolmar] #68884 05/02/2010 4:01 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
LOL...It's closer than Africa.
;\)
I understand, I just don't know if I'd let James repersent me or not...LOL...We'll cross paths someday.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: KRal] #68888 05/02/2010 4:34 PM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
James will represent the "Northern Handgun Hunting Mafia"; he is the Kingpin! LOL

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #68890 05/02/2010 4:44 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Gentleman, Am I missing something here......James

PS- All you guys are the best.....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: jamesfromjersey] #73117 08/07/2010 1:43 AM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY !!! My 416 Barnes will sure be ready for some "exotic" work. Just seeing Jamesfromjersey shoot a Water Buff w/ his 475 Linebaugh will be worth the trip guys. COME ON SCHEDULE THIS HUNT!

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #73118 08/07/2010 4:41 AM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Interesting post. Different viewpoints, or really the same?

To sum up, I agree with Fanchise and Cottonstalk that we, as hunters, all need to stick together. See my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfsnEp8jGk I make this point quite clearly.

Hey Ed, interesting quote:

"funny how we talk about fenced hunts in Africa,bullshit,most of those fences enclose more area than you can drive in a day." When I hunted S. Africa, my PH made it a point to hunt the fencelines "because the animals tend to hang out there trying to get out." A true statement from Kobus, my PH.

In my video "Handgunning Mule Deer and Pronghorn Antelope," there are two antelope hunting scenes where there is a fence in the background. I make a specific statement: "this is not a high-fenced hunt. The animals are free to go under the fences or through the open gates." Because, like it or not, a fenced hunt will be tainted for some hunters, no matter how large the property.

Bottom line: let's just stick together, hey??!!

http://www.hunterseyevideo.com

Franchise, PM sent to get info on your hunt!

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Gregg Richter] #73123 08/07/2010 6:33 AM
sixshot Offline
old hand
old hand
Everyone isn't blessed with the same hunting opportunities as others might be. If you are raised in the western US then most likely you have a lot of experience hunting public land & your views on how someone else hunts might be pretty harsh. If you were raised in the eastern US then your hunting area is probably much smaller & might be fenced.
As a young GI from Idaho I was amazed & amused at how they hunted in Texas, I told myself I would never pay someone to hunt behind their fences....after a while I grew up & realized thats they way they do it in Texas & if you don't like it thats tough!
After hunting in many different states, including Alaska & later on Africa I can tell you that you hunt the way its done locally or you quit complaining & go somewhere else, passing judgement on how others do it can only cause problems. Its important to be open minded when discussing how its done somewhere else.
90% of my hunting has been on public land here in the west...Idaho, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Alaska & Utah, I've also hunted behind fences in Texas & Africa & once here in Idaho, is it different, yes, do I knock someone else's hunting style...a big fat NO!
So, what does a guy do that has a very tight schedule, wants to relax a day or two & maybe make a quick hunt with a good chance of success. Does he spend $500-$600 on airfare to go out west & hunt 500,000 thousand acres of the Caribou National Forest or does he stay within 75 miles of his eastern home & make a preserve hunt, tell me he's wrong to do that!!

Dick

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: sixshot] #73126 08/07/2010 12:59 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Great post, Gregg and sixshot! Once upon a time, I had bad view points on hunting preserves, then I grew up and realized it was only hurting our hunting heritage. We're all hunters, regardless of weapon or style of hunting. If we don't stick together, one day we may be wishing we were hunters.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: KRal] #73130 08/07/2010 2:29 PM
Russell Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
 Originally Posted By: KRal
Great post, Gregg and sixshot! Once upon a time, I had bad view points on hunting preserves, then I grew up and realized it was only hurting our hunting heritage. We're all hunters, regardless of weapon or style of hunting. If we don't stick together, one day we may be wishing we were hunters.

YUP!

It's not the gun, but the man behind it.

Sheriff Russell Cottle, Ret.
USMC; 1967-1970; Vietnam-'68-'69
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Russell] #73135 08/07/2010 4:13 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
OK, here is another point to ponder......

All my life I was in very good health... exceptional for that matter. I was a farm kid and braved the elements every day with chores from sun up to sun set. I could take my 480 SRH and a day pack and hike 4-5 miles back in the thick woods of the Adirondacks with a compass and a topo map and hunt. If I did get stranded for the night I'm sure it would have been a "fun" experience for me. I'm not saying mother nature could not best me as she can, but I was in tune and ready for what ever came along. I was very into "fair chase" hunting. Never had an opinion on fenced operation... just didn't need them.

Three years ago next month that all came to a screeching halt. Now I have permanent damage in my lungs and walking for more than a quarter mile is out of the question. I can't lift more than 10 pounds and most things like handling animals and raw meat are out of the question. So a fenced operation with services to handle the animals is an option for me, that I never considered before.

I do have brothers that help me when I can hunt and that is a blessing. I'm not complaining about my situation either as it's by the grace of God I'm still alive. I just have to look at what life is now and go forward with what I can do and enjoy it.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Tigger] #73141 08/07/2010 5:06 PM
SChunter Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Tigg,

Thanks for putting things into perspective - I know I speak for many of us here that are thankful for you and your continued road to recovery.

As a planned participant in this upcoming hunt, I look forward to sharing camp and memories with other hunters that share the passion of pursuit of game, specifically with a handgun. I have been blessed to have hunted on this continent and others, fair chase, and behind fences...and as others have pointed out, our experiences on God's earth is but a blink. Would I prefer to have a rough country elk hunt on the schedule this fall, or share camp with the same hunters in a whitetail camp in Illinois, certainly. But time away from responsibilities and finances will not permit - so I will be content with watching James pile up boars like cordwood with his beautiful FA's, David rant about the benefits of the Competitor pistol platform, and maybe whack a couple of animals myself.

Happy Hunting to all, however you choose to do it...

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: SChunter] #73148 08/07/2010 7:47 PM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Dur, hopefully James and myself will provide everyone with a little much needed comic relief not to mention everyone will want to order a Competitor. HA HA HA

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #73155 08/08/2010 12:34 AM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I hunted Goldmine 15 years ago. A group of us who worked together in NC got together and went hog hunting there. We needed meat for a barbeque and it was my idea to get it on our own so to speak. Gerald runs a great set up. Ask him about the pilot and the Tabaco executive who almost got eaten by three hungry hogs. Gerald told us to climb some trees or be prepared to shoot the trees were 3 inches in diameter and we were large men. The tree climbing thing wasn't going to happen. Gerald had a good laugh at our expense.
It was a fun hunt for sure. All 6 of us took hogs home three went on the cookers!!

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: cfish2] #73156 08/08/2010 12:39 AM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Tigger, one of these operations would be ideal for you. Also there are several in FL were you hunt from a swamp buggy, very little walking and all fair chase, except for the use of dogs, which is still fair chase in my eyes. The hogs are very wild and they will do all the meat processing for you. And the cost for hogs is in expensive in Fl do to the population explosion there.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Russell] #73161 08/08/2010 2:02 AM
H2OBUG Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I would love to go with you on this trip but this is the week I do west Texas--Maybe next time--Tig keep in mind you will be there next time-I admire all you do every day---I hope to do the same as I drive thru my life

Last edited by H2OBUG; 08/08/2010 2:08 AM. Reason: Added

If it jams force it! If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: H2OBUG] #74540 09/12/2010 5:28 PM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Guys, we are only 3 months away from this get together. If you are interested call Gerald Almond 704-786-0619 and book this hunt. If you have already booked a spot, remember that you also must send in your deposit. There are still a couple of spots left.

Hope to see you in December

David

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Franchise] #75384 10/06/2010 4:34 PM
BB Gun Offline
stranger
stranger
Goldmine Hunting preserve is all but shut down. After all you can only hunt on about 38 acres of fenced in property. I been there it isn't worth your time or money.
Good luck if you go.
Take it from the BB Gun time wasted!

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: BB Gun] #80171 12/22/2010 7:58 PM
Mikewin Offline
addict
addict
 Originally Posted By: BB Gun
Goldmine Hunting preserve is all but shut down. After all you can only hunt on about 38 acres of fenced in property. I been there it isn't worth your time or money.
Good luck if you go.

Given the nice stories and pics from the member's hunt at Goldmine recently, what to say about the quote above? Trollin' stuff?

As a European, I prefer my latte in my NRA coffee mug
Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: Mikewin] #80178 12/22/2010 8:23 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Mikewin
 Originally Posted By: BB Gun
Good luck if you go.

Given the nice stories and pics from the member's hunt at Goldmine recently, what to say about the quote above? Trollin' stuff?

Exactley, Mike.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: KRal] #80192 12/22/2010 9:51 PM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
well, the oryx i shot exists as a species b/c of the type of hunting ranch that exists in texas. one day should the political upheaval of that area of africa stop and calm down perhaps they can be restocked from texas like so many other species have been in the past. hating on hunting preserves is just short sighted pontification imho.

Re: Dec. 2010 Goldmine Hunting Preserve Handgun Hunt [Re: tradmark] #80198 12/22/2010 10:39 PM
Franchise Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Well, as you can see and read from the forum hunt photos and text, the hunt was a great success. I don't think that anyone regrets going or hunting, I think everyone had a great time! I love exotic hunting and will continue to do so as long as I am able. I strongly agree w/ tradmark's above comments.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 74 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod