Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
22 Remington hollowpoint CBEE's #69890 05/20/2010 7:23 PM
johnwilliams Offline OP
Shooting Master
OP Offline
Shooting Master
I had bought the rem. cbee's sometime back for plinking and pest control.Most cb's that you buy are solid nose so they really don't have any shock value when shooting pest's.Well during this past christmas season I had come across the rem.cbee's that are hollowpoints so I figured I would give them a try.My son and I were only shooting from 10 yards away(in the house because of rain)into one of the big telephone books with a 2x8 board behind.I have a tasco mini red dot on my .22 match, 10 inch contender.Impact was one inch below red dot which I expected from being so close but clover leafs and shooting 1 hole groups were pretty easy.We examined the bullets and all expanded just like you would expect from a .22 hollowpoint so I would imagine these should work pretty good on vermin and these loads should be good target practice along with good trigger practice.

H.H.I.#8190 Colossians 1:17 And He is before all things,and by Him all things consist!
Re: 22 Remington hollowpoint CBEE's [Re: johnwilliams] #69892 05/20/2010 9:15 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Another one that works well for small vermin such as rodents but also don't have the shock value of a hollow point are the Aguilla Super Collibri. If you really want to keep things quiet they are the way to go. They have a pointed bullet and are propelled only by the priming material but they aren't any louder than a pellet gun. The one thing with these is they are for handguns only. We don't have to worry too much about noise where I'm at although sometimes I get the neighbors attention but for vermin I use the CCI mini mags unles it's shrews, mice or rats my loving cat's bring home to me but forget to kill first, for those it's the super collibris. The bigger stuff definitely get's the cci's though which here means possums, nutria, and coons although I've let them go so far. I did have to take out a feral cat here a few weeks ago, it was a big tom and he was thrashing my cats and coming in through the cat door and spraying so he's now in kitty heaven from lead poisoning to the head. Anyways didn't mean to get off track but you might try the super collibris also especially for the indoor target sessions.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: 22 Remington hollowpoint CBEE's [Re: wapitirod] #69895 05/20/2010 11:04 PM
pter1020k Offline
addict
addict
i try to keep a few cb on hand for pests pellet gun was not enough for a coon but cb did the job quietly

Genesis chapter 1 verse 26

When shooting a single shot their are no warning shots.

Keith
Re: 22 Remington hollowpoint CBEE's [Re: pter1020k] #69897 05/20/2010 11:28 PM
johnwilliams Offline OP
Shooting Master
OP Offline
Shooting Master
I typically use my RWS model 52,.22 caliber and a Beeman Kodiak in .25 caliber for almost all my vermin but I like to switch up my weapons and my contender with the cb's does the job very well but there is more noise as compared to shooting them out of a rifle.

H.H.I.#8190 Colossians 1:17 And He is before all things,and by Him all things consist!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 104 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod