Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Auto-prime II #71539 06/23/2010 4:20 PM
johnwilliams Offline OP
Shooting Master
OP Offline
Shooting Master
I have always used my autoprime tool(hand one) for all my reloading and never had any problems until I started reloading for my.454 casull(2002).I kept running into problems with having "high primers"I went back to priming on my press and that solved the problem.I really like loading the tray on the autoprime and not having to mess with the primers one at a time.I noticed in one of my catalogs that Lee makes the Autoprime 2 which attaches to a press.I have the same convenience with this setup as I did with the handheld autoprime 1.It works rather well until you get down to the last 10 primers or so and then theres not enough weight of more primers to push them down into the shellholder,so I use a little t-pin to push the rest into position.I really like this setup for priming even though you have to help the last primers drop.

H.H.I.#8190 Colossians 1:17 And He is before all things,and by Him all things consist!
Re: Auto-prime II [Re: johnwilliams] #71545 06/23/2010 5:08 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Thanks for the info John.
I too use the Lee handprimer & have always liked it but have considered the autoprime II for my progressive press just to speed things up a bit. I may have to give it a try. I'd love to see one in action. Got a video? ;-)

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Auto-prime II [Re: Vance in AK.] #71555 06/23/2010 8:23 PM
johnwilliams Offline OP
Shooting Master
OP Offline
Shooting Master
Unfortunately I'm on an older computer because my son burned up the labtop playing one of his games,and the plug-ins for my camera don't work,I'm gonna get a new one but I have to replace part of my roof, so thats first on the list.

H.H.I.#8190 Colossians 1:17 And He is before all things,and by Him all things consist!
Re: Auto-prime II [Re: johnwilliams] #71570 06/24/2010 2:20 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I have had the auto prime 2 for a long time and love it. The hand held auto prime has gathered dust ever since the AP2 showed up. I use a little nylon pick/tool also to feed the last 10 primers. Every now and then the tray needs a little shake to get the primers in the tube but that's not a big deal.

I uniform all my pockets with a carbide tool, and the weight of the press handle almost seats the primers by it's self and they are a very uniform height. With no SORE thumbs!!!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Auto-prime II [Re: Tigger] #71575 06/24/2010 3:12 AM
doc with a glock Offline
old hand
old hand
Vance & folks,

Lee has a bunch of "how to" vidoes on their website for the equipment. I think there is one for the AP2. Check out http://www.leeprecision.com and search in the help video section.

Doc

Re: Auto-prime II [Re: Tigger] #71592 06/24/2010 1:02 PM
guitarpicva Offline
addict
addict
 Originally Posted By: Tigger
I uniform all my pockets with a carbide tool, and the weight of the press handle almost seats the primers by it's self and they are a very uniform height. With no SORE thumbs!!!

I've been doing the same thing with my .44 brass. I hold the Lee primer pocket tool in my right hand, and when I pull the case out of the press, I run the tool in the pocket really quick. Seems to make re-priming go really smoothly.

guitarpicva |||||| [o] VA
AC4IY
...How long will you go limping between two different opinions?
If the LORD is God, follow him; ... 1 Kings 18

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 122 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod