Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... #73322 08/13/2010 12:37 AM
Gary Offline OP
Distinguished Master
OP Offline
Distinguished Master
I have the 10x42 Swarovski SLC's that are at least 20 years old that I bought from the gun shop I used to work for. Well they developed a problem in one of the lens systems and one of the lenses became foggy - not foggy from moisture but like a film on an internal lens. I returned them for service and I'm simply amazed at what they did. They virtually upgraded the entire product using my old lenses except for the one that had become damaged. The list of replacement parts was 3 pages long. Even the outer body was replaced. They even mentioned to be aware of the new serial number on the outer body housing. Until I looked closely at the outer lenses I thought they had sent me a completely new product as a replacement. All I can say is WOW!

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: Gary] #73327 08/13/2010 2:37 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
That is very cool.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: TCTex.] #73353 08/13/2010 6:20 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
That is great.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: Tigger] #73359 08/13/2010 10:06 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Swaro is a good company

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: Ernie] #73371 08/14/2010 6:16 AM
runngun Offline
 Originally Posted By: Ernie
Swaro is a good company

Yup... And they have very expensive products. Not really any better than Leupold, AND LEUPOLD, for a whole lot less, is AMERICAN.

JMHO.

Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: runngun] #73397 08/14/2010 11:04 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
How are you going to beat that??? Excellent

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: jamesfromjersey] #73408 08/15/2010 2:02 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Very cool, I in general buy only american (leupold) new anymore but I'm of German heritage and I know how good the German stuff is but I refuse to pay that much when I figure leupold is giving them a run for their money and unlike european manufacturers they build handgun specific scopes. I'm sure you didn't pay full price but it's good to know if your going to drop that kind of money that they will take care of it.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: runngun] #73412 08/15/2010 3:46 AM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
 Originally Posted By: runngun
 Originally Posted By: Ernie
Swaro is a good company

Yup... And they have very expensive products. Not really any better than Leupold, AND LEUPOLD, for a whole lot less, is AMERICAN.

JMHO.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I own a lot of Leupold glass.
In fact, I have their best glass (in both riflescopes and spotting scopes), but Swaro glass is far better.

The one Swaro product I own is their LRF.
Leupold's best LRF can't even compare though in glass quality or ranging ability.
I say this having people I enjoy and know who work at Leupold.
Their product is assembled in America-Yes.
But I really doubt their glass is from the US.
The other piece of German glass I own is a pair of Zeiss Bino's-Another Superb Product!!!

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: Ernie] #73423 08/15/2010 1:22 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
JMHO, but I think the low end Ziess is better than the high end Leupold and they are ruffly the same price. Again, that is JMHO...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: TCTex.] #73430 08/15/2010 1:59 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
 Originally Posted By: TCMan
JMHO, but I think the low end Ziess is better than the high end Leupold and they are ruffly the same price. Again, that is JMHO...

Binos are the only Zeiss products I have used, so I really have no personal experience with them.

For me, when it comes to riflescopes it has to be the total package of glass, holding zero, repeatable turrets, etc.

Swaro, and sometimes Zeiss (Not the Hensoldt Line) has had some problems with turrets holding zeros, etc. They also had limited internal MOA adjustments for the class of scope.
They have made improvements recently in those areas.

Leupy VX-3 & Mark 4 glass is good enough for me for most of my uses, and they have been reliable in terms of holding zero and reliable/repeatable in the turrets.
Leupold scopes I have now: VX-3 3.5-10, Mark 4 CQ/T (1x-3x), VX-3 LR/T 6.5-20, VX-3 LR/T 8.5-25, and Mark 4 FFP 6.5-20.
Also have the 12-40 HD spotting scope.
Also have their variable handgun scope too.
They started in the LRF arena late in the game and are still playing catch-up. I support and root for Leupold, but I will not use their products in areas where they are behind in the game or do not meet my usage requirements

Zeiss' Hensoldt line is possibly one of the best riflescopes made now, basically being head-to-head with Schmidt & Bender's PM 2 line.

In the areas of Binos and spotting scopes the two companies put out great products. My Zeiss 7x42 (High Brightness) bino's are just outstanding. I went with Zeiss years ago when I was looking for good glass that had longer eye relief for people who wore glasses. None of the American companies had any. Even when their eyecups folded down, you still could not see a full FOV. That is what first moved me to high end glass. It took me several years to save for those Binos-no regrets.

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: Ernie] #73477 08/17/2010 12:51 AM
Gary Offline OP
Distinguished Master
OP Offline
Distinguished Master
To each their own. I personally have never looked through any binos that I thought were as good as Swarovski. With that said, everyone's criteria for judgment is different and everyone's eyes are different. If it works for you - go for it.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: Gary] #73478 08/17/2010 1:09 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
For what it is worth... One day I am going to get a pair of Swarovski binos... One day... For now my Burris will have to do. They have been replaced by the manufacture as well. LOL

Benjamin Franklin
Re: Swarovski Customer Service 5 Stars... [Re: TCTex.] #73497 08/17/2010 1:04 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
 Originally Posted By: TCMan
For what it is worth... One day I am going to get a pair of Swarovski binos... One day... For now my Burris will have to do. They have been replaced by the manufacture as well. LOL

Just save up. It will be worth it

Ernie the Un-Tactical

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 39 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod