Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hog Hunts #76324 10/21/2010 10:23 PM
BBwheelgunner Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
I am thinking of putting together a hog hunt in december for myself and a couple of buddies, however, I have never hunted them. I am doing the usuall research (both on the internet and magazines), but was wondering if any of you guys/gals could help me out since I know so many of you like to chase the hairy beasts. I was thinking TEXAS since I have heard they are thick down there, and It is not TOO far of a drive from Minnesota (as oppossed to Florida and such). I would also prefer a "fair chase" hunt that is not super expensive or extravagant. A "Do ti Youself" hunt is not out of the question, but I need a little help. Any tips or recomendations would be great!

Thanks, and shoot straight

"If you are going to go through all the trouble to put a hole in something, why not make it a big one?"
Re: Hog Hunts [Re: BBwheelgunner] #76339 10/21/2010 11:23 PM
dc74 Offline
old hand
old hand
fun to hunt and should have no prob in texas. land owners who would love them gone .get on the web get on the phone get it going .and bring back pics and pork .

shoot it if its still coming shot it again!!!
Re: Hog Hunts [Re: dc74] #76352 10/22/2010 2:19 AM
H2OBUG Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Lots of very good do it yourself places the in south LA-- If you have a small flat boat it is almost a 100% deal.

If you know someone down here that hunts the Pearl River regular--you can kill all the hogs you want with a little work.

I plan to hunt them on private land quite a bit after deer season closes.

If it jams force it! If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Re: Hog Hunts [Re: BBwheelgunner] #76370 10/22/2010 3:31 PM
Hawkeye Offline
old hand
old hand
BBWheelgunner, There is a place in Oklahoma that is kind of a secret. Not too many people know of it yet.

It is called "All About U Ranch & Outfitters".
It is about 30 minutes south of Oklahoma City at Pauls Valley along the river. Some of the guys on another pistol sight have hunted there several times and all taken nice hogs with pistols.
It has "Do it yourself" hunting or guided hunts. The price is the best around. I did some research and looked at the place last year while building power lines in that area. I live about 30 minutes from the place.
Here is a quote from the web site- they do hunts for less and more if you want. No trophy fees for the large hogs. What you shot is that you get.
2day/ 2night 2 hog hunt-- 2 hogs $450 per person. (this hunt will include at no extra charge 2 nights in a private cabin, snacks & water/pop in cabin , 2 meals a day, transportation to and from the hunting area)
Here is the link to them. They are very nice and this would save you a lot of miles not having to drive on down to Texas. They also give you a specail package if 3 or more hunters show. My buddies and I are planning a hunt with our primitive archery gear this winter.
All About U Ranch & Outfitters
Good luck if you go.

Mike
Norman, OK

You don't quit playing because you get old, You get old because you quit playing.
Re: Hog Hunts [Re: Hawkeye] #76384 10/23/2010 1:49 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Sounds like my type of place!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Hog Hunts [Re: TCTex.] #77005 10/31/2010 12:57 AM
BBwheelgunner Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Hawkeye,

Thanks for the info! After searching the web site and the few others that were in the running, we have decided to book a hunt at All about You. Called the owner and talked to him for a while, and that only made the decision easier! sounds like a good operation, and should be a good hunt. My new Model 83 premier grade in 454 should arrive at the end of next week (I hope) which won't be in time to get comfortable with it for the Minnesota deer season, but should even have a pet load going for december hogs in OK!

once again thanks for the tip, and good luck on your hunt!

"If you are going to go through all the trouble to put a hole in something, why not make it a big one?"
Re: Hog Hunts [Re: BBwheelgunner] #77012 10/31/2010 1:06 AM
jwarren Offline
Now, if you I just knew how to get from Georgia to Oklahoma.....I'd be on my way.

Re: Hog Hunts [Re: jwarren] #77016 10/31/2010 1:25 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: jwarren
Now, if you I just knew how to get from Georgia to Oklahoma.....I'd be on my way.

I've got the same problem, LOL!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 74 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod