Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Burris scope #76530 10/25/2010 4:23 AM
jwarren Offline OP
OP Offline
I am new here so I figure I might as well jump in head first.

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I will ask and be corrected if wrong and ask for you indulgence of my ignorance.

I am looking at a used 2x7x32 Posi lock Burris scope that is about a year old in exc condition that I can buy for $175.00. Can you guys give me some feedback on the Burris variable power scopes? I have the fixed power and they have been exc, but I would like to know more about the variables before I make the purchase.

Thanks

Re: Burris scope [Re: jwarren] #76537 10/25/2010 11:04 AM
Bob Roach Offline
old hand
old hand
Jimmy
I am not sure how the new ones are from personal experiance. I have 4 of them on my Contender barrels, that I have had over 15 years. They are very good scopes. The eye releaf changes with the power setting. This does not cause a problem. On 2X when hunting you tend to be more extended. On 7X during sight in off the bench you are normally choaked up on the scope.

In past posts mentioning the 2-7 Burris, I do not remember seeing anything that would indicate that the new ones have any problems. I do not think I would be scared of one.

I am starting to like the UltraDot's better than regular scopes for hunting. I have about decided to replace a couple scopes on my Contenders with UltraDots as you have a much better field of view, and can get on target quicker with them.

See You At The Range
Re: Burris scope [Re: jwarren] #76538 10/25/2010 11:12 AM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
that sounds like a pretty good buy. i have 2 of the non-posi locks and i like them. the burris variables do shorten in eye relief as you turn up the power n some do not like that point. it doesn't bother me personally in most circumstances. at the bench where you use the higher powers, just get up closer. in the woods, you don't use 7x. you can also adjust power to suit your field position need.
as far as the posi lock feature, it is not needed. just back it off n don't use it. i've read of people having trouble with it changing impact when locking it down. maybe others have feedback on that.

the 2x7 model does have a good 21' field of view @100 on 2x.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Burris scope [Re: KYODE] #76539 10/25/2010 11:14 AM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
lol...i'm a slow typer. my opinion seems to mirror Bob R.
;\)

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Burris scope [Re: KYODE] #76545 10/25/2010 11:41 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I have 5 Burris 2-7 scopes. One of them is a Pos-Lock but I never use the feature. I heard some bad things about them so I just never use it. LOL

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Duane

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 36 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod