Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What kind of reloading bench setup do you have? #77611 11/08/2010 2:31 AM
jwarren Offline OP
OP Offline
I was just wondering what types of reloading bench setups you guys have. I have really changed my deal lately to make it fit me alot better.I did away with the fixed bench and cabinet arrangement, made it portable and less obtrusive. It sure isn't fancy, but it works.

I use a rolling computer cart that I paid $20.00 for and it is as solid as a rock, no flex or give at all. I have 4 presses on it and I can bring it in the house whenever it is too hot to use in the reloading area in the garage as it gets really hot and humid here in Georgia and it lasts seemingly forever. I have my reloading supplies for each caliber stored on shelves in plastic containers, so when I am reloading a caliber I bring the container or containers to the reloader cart.

Re: What kind of reloading bench setup do you have? [Re: jwarren] #77621 11/08/2010 1:14 PM
Bob Roach Offline
old hand
old hand
My bench is 2 feet wide with a 2x6 frame, and 2 plys of 3/4 plywood screwed down on the top. Rock Solid. I have a shooting bench extension built out to shoot out the shop window in bad weather, though I have not used it much.
I have 4 ea 1/2" bolts sticking up to mount my Drill Presses to with wind nuts for my Forester Power Case Trimmers. One is a dedicated one for 338 Lapua, the other one is for everything else. I have a Dillon 550B, a Rock Chucker, and a Lee Cast Iron Classic all mounted. I also have my Uniflow Powder Measure, my RCBC Bench Mounted Priming Tool, and last but not least my MEC 9000G shotgun loader.
I have a 2' X 4' Cast Bullet Bench I have my RCBS Lubricator/Sizer w/Heater mounted to. I keep my molds and casting supplies in and on it.

See You At The Range
Re: What kind of reloading bench setup do you have? [Re: jwarren] #77622 11/08/2010 1:15 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I conveted the downstairs closet to a reloading room. It's a little tight but I have maximized the space.

My son helping me load.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: What kind of reloading bench setup do you have? [Re: Tigger] #77626 11/08/2010 1:44 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I just have a Lyman, but it works.

Sense I have taken these pictures I have bolted the press to the bench.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: What kind of reloading bench setup do you have? [Re: TCTex.] #77653 11/08/2010 7:05 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
I have a Redding T-7 turret press and a Dillon 650 progressive with auto case feed.
I have two of the RCBS automatic powder dispenser/scale.
Primarily Redding Comp Dies with some others thrown in.
A Holland Brass Monkey for inside/outside chambering, primer pocket cleaning and neck turning.

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: What kind of reloading bench setup do you have? [Re: Ernie] #77871 11/12/2010 1:55 AM
Sawfish Offline
veteran
veteran
TC Man, there is nothing wrong with Lyman. I still have (and use) the first set of dies I ever bought in 1968 (Lyman carbide 38/357). My main single stage is an old Lyman Orange Crusher. After using it for ten years, I cracked the frame reforming some 300 Weatherby brass, and Lyman replaced it (no questions asked) with their then current (gray not orange) model. Good stuff, reasonably priced, and very durable.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
Patron Member NRA;
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA
Re: What kind of reloading bench setup do you have? [Re: Sawfish] #77872 11/12/2010 2:24 AM
jwarren Offline OP
OP Offline
 Originally Posted By: Sawfish
TC Man, there is nothing wrong with Lyman. I still have (and use) the first set of dies I ever bought in 1968 (Lyman carbide 38/357). My main single stage is an old Lyman Orange Crusher. After using it for ten years, I cracked the frame reforming some 300 Weatherby brass, and Lyman replaced it (no questions asked) with their then current (gray not orange) model. Good stuff, reasonably priced, and very durable.

I agree, I have some Lyman stuff and it is very good quality and I actually bought it used so I am not sure of the age.

I had a lot of "green stuff" but I have sold most of it except some dies. I sold my last press, a Rock Chucker with both dandy powder measures, in the spring for enough to buy a new classic single stage and a new classic turret press with powder measures and I think I made out like a bandit. I like them much better. I have always used the green hand primer but as of this week I will never use that aggravating piece of crap again. Lee hand primer will be the permanent replacement for it. I know that Lee is not the best stuff made, but for what it costs and for my 5000 rounds a year, it does a great job. I use the Pro 1000 progressives dedicated to .45acp and 38/.357 and they are quirky, but I can load about 200rds per hour with them so they will get by until I bite the bullet to get a 650. I figure that when my son gets out on his own, he can have the 1000's and I will get me some BLUE stuff.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 36 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod