Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! #6629 01/13/2005 11:49 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
We all know that KYODE has been working hard to get as many votes as possible for his daughter and the Greenup cheering squad so they can earn a free trip to their competition. Well...I was in a gun shop here in PA yesterday...one that I frequent 'cuz he's usually got some pretty good deals. Bought my XP there two weeks ago and picked up a Contender last night. The owners wife (a rather snooty woman...the owner is pretty cool though) was doing my paperwork when her daughter called about needing picked up then shuttled to a basketball game to cheer and some other "Bla-bla" kind of stuff. Turns out her daughter cheers for a school that is in competition with KYODE's daughter...then I glance to my right and see a stack of flyer's on the counter about "PLEASE go to Tommy.com and vote for......" then it had directions on how to do so.

I said "Oh...I see Chelsea it trying to win that free trip."

"You know about the competition at Tommy, Huh? Did you vote for us."

"Nope" I stated...then followed with "I usually don't do that kind of stuff...but that Greenup Squad looks pretty darn good to me so I figured I'd vote for them!" Talk about getting the "evil eye" from a woman...hehe. I thought it was kinda funny......she didn't though.

Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Dan B.] #6630 01/13/2005 1:17 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
LOL!!!
shewwww!.....good thing i got hold of ya first

you have already cast your vote for "the best"

11 time national champions and the first title win was in 1981.....my senior year i kinnda liked cheerleaders back then also.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Dan B.] #6631 01/13/2005 1:32 PM
gtcontender Offline
Nice story Dan But sounds like your good deals might not be so good in the future thou Needed that this morning, Getting as many folks from across the pond to vote for ya KYODE as I can. Good luck

Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Dan B.] #6632 01/13/2005 7:32 PM
slavage Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
dan what shop did you find your contender an xp at?
ive been looking around for a while now an cant find any dealers that can get them

Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: slavage] #6633 01/13/2005 10:30 PM
Stush Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I know a local guy that has several available new in the box. His number is 724-697-9707. I would imagine that he would be willing to ship one to your local dealer, or if you live in PA you can stop at his shop in Saltsburg.

Stush
Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Stush] #6634 01/14/2005 5:21 AM
sscoyote Offline
addict
addict
Neat story-- it sure is a small shooting world isn't it-- i mean, where else would u find cheerleading associated with guns but here??

Steve
Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Stush] #6635 01/14/2005 11:20 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Would he cut me off from the good deals...I would bet not. I used to work there for him and know the pricing structure so I know what everything costs him....hehe. He likes when I walk through the door...I don't lay-a-way and always pay with cash. Am I rich...heck no, far from it...just know how to "strategically acquire recreational funding"...AKA do a lot of odd jobs!

Stush...is that Bee's? Went passed there last week after leaving your place but did not stop...already shot my wad of fun money! You gonna be around on Monday?? I got the day off...I can bring down that XP bolt.

Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Dan B.] #6636 01/14/2005 11:52 AM
Stush Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes. That is Bee's number. I was in there last week picking up and dropping off some work and know that he has several NIB Contender frames. His prices on them are very reasonable if I recall correctly.

I will be here all day on Monday, except for two hours in the early morning and two at the end of the day. I have a crew of Amish guys coming in to assemble the timber frame for my house and I have to pick them up and take them back home. Eighteen months of cutting on this timber frame and I am FINALLY done! Whew! What a job.

Best time to come with your bolt would probably be mid-day - say between 10 and 2.

Stush
Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Stush] #6637 01/14/2005 12:00 PM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Sounds like a plan...I should be there unless something comes up...I'll shoot you a note iffin I can not make it.

Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: Dan B.] #6638 01/15/2005 1:04 AM
slavage Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
soon as i seen that number i was like umm isent that bee's lol
yeah im from pa.... down in pitts..bugh
haha
oh yeah dose bee have a web sight at all?

Re: Funny story...a Contenders, a XP and cheerleading! [Re: slavage] #6639 01/15/2005 4:23 AM
Stush Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
No website. Ken has too many irons in the fire to also be a webmaster. His prices are hard to beat though for most things.

Stush

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod