Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: TCTex.] #112964 07/11/2012 2:38 PM
wtroper Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Thanks for your responses. I deem you to be an unselfish lot. Every post desired "more" in the niche. I find satisfaction in the fact that "we" enjoy this activity (addiction) enough that we want more to experience the same feelings. Or possibly could it be that "misery loves company?" LOL

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #112965 07/11/2012 2:40 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Frank1
What a great way to turn a good into something ugly - promotions. Commercialize anything and nobody will want it. Most books are written to make money for the author. They are gathering dust and offered at discount prices. Few authors are read after 100 years. Same with music.

And a great way to ensure something will die off is by not promoting it. If there is no interest, it will surely whither away and die on the vine.

Commercial support doesn't have to be a bad thing, and a spike in popularity brought us cartridges like the .480 Ruger, .500 Smith & Wesson, .460, etc.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: s4s4u] #112974 07/11/2012 3:17 PM
minnesotahunter Offline
old hand
old hand
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
I think they should promote the begeeze's out of it because I like handguns and can't afford new ones. Convince a bunch of yahoos to invest in some nice shiny shortguns and then realize that it ain't as easy as it looks, or it kicks harder than they thought and VOILA, a glut of lightly used handguns for the rest of us to enjoy.
;\)

Right on!!

I too like the exclusivity of handgun hunting. I love the responces from other hunters. "You shot it with What??" It's fun.

MN

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: minnesotahunter] #112977 07/11/2012 4:10 PM
Frank1 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Whitworth:
 Quote:

And a great way to ensure something will die off is by not promoting it. If there is no interest, it will surely whither away and die on the vine.

Commercial support doesn't have to be a bad thing, and a spike in popularity brought us cartridges like the .480 Ruger, .500 Smith & Wesson, .460, etc.

It is just the opposite. Great things don't need to be promoted. If it is truly good, it will withstand the measure of time.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #112985 07/11/2012 5:00 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Whitworth:
 Quote:

It is just the opposite. Great things don't need to be promoted. If it is truly good, it will withstand the measure of time.

Well, Frank, I expected a contrary opinion from you, but to each his own. But if you think that keeping it all underground is somehow going to keep it alive, I think you are very wrong. Like that it may survive, and it may not. The odds aren't very good. Handgun hunting needs to be supported by those who do it on a grassroots level by turning more people on to it, and it certainly helps if the gun media sheds light on it to show other more conventional hunters that it is not a stunt. Manufacturers in the industry will support it as well when they see that there is a need to be fulfilled. How can any of that be bad for handgun hunting?

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #112990 07/11/2012 5:09 PM
Mark Hampton Offline
old hand
old hand
Frank1, You are certainly entitled to your opinion and it's always good to hear different points of view. Personally, I must respectively disagree with your assessment. There are a lot of good things that get promoted; baseball, hot dogs, McDonalds, and Ford trucks are a few for example. Bow hunting has surely experienced vast promotion. Most any organization that seeks to be successful thrives for promotion. Heck, even sex gets promoted. I hardly doubt it needs promoted to survive. Handgun hunting, in my opinion, is either moving forward or it's falling backward. I have devoted a great deal of my time and energy to see this alternative method prevail. And will continue doing so. I sure hope it stands the test of time.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Mark Hampton] #112995 07/11/2012 6:31 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Mark Hampton
...and Ford trucks are a few for example...

But I am a Dodge man...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Mark Hampton] #112996 07/11/2012 6:32 PM
Frank1 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
The best promoting is no promotion. Advertising is an ugly word. Just do it. Tell us your experience. But don't turn it into a brand. That's the problem with those who are paid. They always have to try to capture the largest audience. Sometimes it's better if a few do it and the whole supports the few. Think of it like you are for diversity. There you go. There's your buzz word you can take to your corporate sponsor. They will eat it all up.
\:D

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #112998 07/11/2012 6:38 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Have you seen a baseball or football game lately??

Even better yet, what was the last time you got on Yahoo or Google and didn't see an advertisement?

Duane

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: TCTex.] #113008 07/11/2012 10:04 PM
Frank1 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
TCTex:
 Quote:

Even better yet, what was the last time you got on Yahoo or Google and didn't see an advertisement?

I'm sick of all the advertisements. I've never bought anything because something was put up in front of my face. Nobody tells me what to buy. If they bother me with advertising, I make sure I don't buy that product. Most advertisements are just a means to make somebody that is not myself money. So why would I pay attention to their need? When the commercial comes, I just change the channel. Internet ads never get clicked on.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #113010 07/11/2012 10:13 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Welcome to the new world... LOL

Benjamin Franklin
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #113011 07/11/2012 10:14 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Do you hunt, Frank? I don't recall ever hearing about you hunting. Just curious.

If you don't, you need to get out there and do it. You don't care for seeing handgun hunting promoted, yet this is all lip service at best if you don't actually do it.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Whitworth] #113022 07/11/2012 11:31 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert

my opinion on the advertising lies somewhere between frank n whitworth. there HAS to be ads to pay the way....BUT it can be very subtle, rather that blasting it in your face. people are not stupid....well....some people are not....lol.
if regular people post their specifics on these forums about their hunts, loads, handguns, and adding pics etc is the best promotion available imo. anybody that gets FREE stuff is gonna be happy n overjoyed about what they are using. it's just not as good as info from "mr. smith" in smalltown usa.
subtle advertising will work imo, and make a much better story to read. otherwise....it's just a story....imo.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: KYODE] #113027 07/12/2012 12:08 AM
racksmasher Offline
old hand
old hand
By promoting our sport through different media avenues, my thought would be people, some not all would show interest. Through interest it would create a demand for handguns, ammo, handloading components, ect.-----you"re loosing me, the Outdoor channel, and the sportsman channel are full of advertising.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: racksmasher] #113041 07/12/2012 1:44 AM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
So there is a fundamental question here that isn't understood. Why do more people not hunt with a handgun? Or to put it a different way, what is preventing or deterring someone from hunting with a handgun vs. another type of firearm or bow?

Certainly there are some states and localities that this is not possible but it doesn't seem to me to be a significant barrier at the macro level.

Centerfire rifles, muzzle loaders, and shotguns take very little practice to be at least somewhat successful hunting. So time is not a factor here and all of these guns have products at a price point that most anyone can afford. These non-shooters don't spend a lot annually on ammunition.

Bows fit into similar price points and while arrows are not cheap they are fairly durable and can be reused over and over with some care. Cost for practice is also low. There is significantly more time involved in becoming proficient with a bow than the classes of firearms mentioned above. So given the amount of bow hunters, the time required to be proficient wouldn't seem to be the issue and cost is on par with firearms other than handguns.

Handguns also fit into a price range where anyone who can afford either bows or other types of firearms could also afford a hunting handgun with a scope. Significant time is required to become and stay proficient with a handgun. In many cases, unless you're shooting a lot of 22 rimfires, there is also a significant cost to shooting practice and as has been said, it's hard to be really good. Not everyone will develop into an outstanding shot.

So is this the roadblock? Is it the combination of time, money and difficulty? How much of the difficulty is perceived. For all the talk about loving a hunting challenge I sometimes wonder.

I know this... I don't have the answer.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Gary] #113045 07/12/2012 2:05 AM
silly goose Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Lets face it, there is only so much time in the day, and we all have busy lives. Like has been said, handgunning is challenging, especially to be consistently successful. Some of us have found this niche, for various reasons. I am not the best shot in the world, by far, but am proud of myself, in that I feel comfortable and confident in a handgun. I found through my rifle hunting that most of the deer I killed, were shot within 60 yards. I am not comfortable to 60 yards with iron sights on a handgun, but have since killed two deer, one at 35, and one at maybe 6 yards with one. I enjoy wild game, but don't need it to survive, or to show someone what a great hunter I am, like I said, I do what I do for me. Most folks around here shoot a shot or three through their rifle before big game season, maybe hunt the first week and then ride the roads after that. I enjoy being in the woods, and usually hunt to the end. I kind of feel like a bully if I shoot one with a rifle, and I get a thrill to no end if I take one with my sixgun. Like has been said, it takes time, effort and maybe a lil money to get good with a handgun. How many people do we know who buy handguns, shoot them a time or two and put them away, disgruntled cause they can't hit anything with them? They havent done the research or know someone who can help them along. I think this is just another one of those things that strike some folks, and others just don't get it. Its not that hard, you just have to apply yourself, and hope you can fit it in with the rest of your life.

I went from pow to Boom. I love the BOOM!
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Gary] #113046 07/12/2012 2:13 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Gary
So there is a fundamental question here that isn't understood. Why do more people not hunt with a handgun? Or to put it a different way, what is preventing or deterring someone from hunting with a handgun vs. another type of firearm or bow?

Certainly there are some states and localities that this is not possible but it doesn't seem to me to be a significant barrier at the macro level.

Centerfire rifles, muzzle loaders, and shotguns take very little practice to be at least somewhat successful hunting. So time is not a factor here and all of these guns have products at a price point that most anyone can afford. These non-shooters don't spend a lot annually on ammunition.

Bows fit into similar price points and while arrows are not cheap they are fairly durable and can be reused over and over with some care. Cost for practice is also low. There is significantly more time involved in becoming proficient with a bow than the classes of firearms mentioned above. So given the amount of bow hunters, the time required to be proficient wouldn't seem to be the issue and cost is on par with firearms other than handguns.

Handguns also fit into a price range where anyone who can afford either bows or other types of firearms could also afford a hunting handgun with a scope. Significant time is required to become and stay proficient with a handgun. In many cases, unless you're shooting a lot of 22 rimfires, there is also a significant cost to shooting practice and as has been said, it's hard to be really good. Not everyone will develop into an outstanding shot.

So is this the roadblock? Is it the combination of time, money and difficulty? How much of the difficulty is perceived. For all the talk about loving a hunting challenge I sometimes wonder.

I know this... I don't have the answer.

I still believe alot of it is the stigma associated with "handguns". I've talked to an unbelieveable number of hunters and gun owners that are extremely ignorant about everything associated with guns. I've even seen here where people think you can seperate any of the shooting sports from politics and it's not possible. I've had more people stare at me in amazement when they here that every animal on the planet up to and including elephants has been taken with a handgun. I constantly look at bewildered faces when people find out I'm a gunsmith and ask me about doing rifle work and I tell them I only do handguns and specifically Hunting Handguns. I think it boils down to a lack of education and too much indoctrination from the main stream media. The one hope I see is that the "black rifles" have over come their stigma to a large part so there may be hope yet for handguns.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Gary] #113050 07/12/2012 2:31 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist

IMHO, bows and handguns run parallel for me cost wise. 22’s are cheap to shoot as well…

A season???

The reason I bow hunt is because it extended the season for me. I bow hunted on the Navy base for four years because it was free. If you had a “handgun season” I think you would increase handgun hunting and handguners…

Benjamin Franklin
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #113053 07/12/2012 3:38 AM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
TCTex:
 Quote:

I'm sick of all the advertisements. I've never bought anything because something was put up in front of my face. Nobody tells me what to buy. If they bother me with advertising, I make sure I don't buy that product. Most advertisements are just a means to make somebody that is not myself money. So why would I pay attention to their need? When the commercial comes, I just change the channel. Internet ads never get clicked on.

Tell me this Frank. If you only had a 38 special and wanted to kill a Moose with a handgun and no one ever advertised that they built larger guns then the 38 special, then how are you suppoe to know that there is anything other then a 38 special? Because there are so few handgun hunters out there how else is a manufacturer or other hunters for that matter supposed to get information about the sport? Word of mouth isn't always the best way for word to get passed around.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: cfish2] #113057 07/12/2012 4:49 AM
Frank1 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
cfish2:
 Quote:
Tell me this Frank. If you only had a 38 special and wanted to kill a Moose with a handgun and no one ever advertised that they built larger guns then the 38 special, then how are you suppoe to know that there is anything other then a 38 special? Because there are so few handgun hunters out there how else is a manufacturer or other hunters for that matter supposed to get information about the sport? Word of mouth isn't always the best way for word to get passed around.

They need to do what I did and read internet forums. That's what generated my interest. No advertising or promotions got me interested. But go ahead and commercialize it. It's somebody's right. If they want to commit the money, then go for it. The question was open, "Promotion of handgun hunting - in favor or not?" I live out in California. The hunters far outnumber the animals in my region.

Do I want promotion of hunting? What would that do? I can see how advertisers would benefit. Maybe the advertisers would like to promote hunting in Spanish so when the illegals are given amnesty, they'll take up the hobby and that'll be more money for the advertisers. But what good would that do?

Last edited by Frank1; 07/12/2012 4:59 AM.
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #113058 07/12/2012 5:45 AM
Seasons44 Offline
addict
addict
I am glad i could not sleep tonight and got to read this, wow, Ok so to learn about a sport you should read internet forums instead of a book or a magazine or hell walk into to a local shop and talk with the owner or employee's. Personally I have learned more from trial and error and good friends to tell me I am f#$%king up than the internet. granted its a great resource but should not be the only one.

"I live in california and the hunters out number the animals"
Well i lived and worked out there and can tell you I can call 15 diffrent vineyards and get permission to kill pigs,hmmmmmm, California has alot of game and is a beutiful country just ridculous laws,

And my personal favorite, when the illegals are given amnesty they can take my hobby, Well i am sorry they are some of the hardest working people in california, right or wrong, its a fact, You have produce on your table because of them.
And no I am not saying its right to be in the country illegally.

Simple, Elegant, but always Approachable
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #113059 07/12/2012 11:01 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
cfish2:
 Quote:

They need to do what I did and read internet forums. That's what generated my interest. No advertising or promotions got me interested. But go ahead and commercialize it. It's somebody's right. If they want to commit the money, then go for it. The question was open, "Promotion of handgun hunting - in favor or not?" I live out in California. The hunters far outnumber the animals in my region.

Do I want promotion of hunting? What would that do? I can see how advertisers would benefit. Maybe the advertisers would like to promote hunting in Spanish so when the illegals are given amnesty, they'll take up the hobby and that'll be more money for the advertisers. But what good would that do?

And what percentage of what you read on the internet do you think is truly credible? I would bet it's a very small percentage. You have to sift through a lot of BS to get to anything meaningful. Now riddle me this Frank, who pays for those websites? Advertisers? In most cases......

Do you even hunt? Again, you avoid this question.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Frank1] #113063 07/12/2012 11:44 AM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
cfish2:
 Quote:

Frank, internet forums are just another form of advertising. And had it not been for folks starting handgun hunting and posting their success( IE Advertising) folks like you would not have come to the sport. Word of mouth is one form of the sales tools out there and that is a major form of advertising. If interest isn't shown in a sport then manufacturers won't go out of their way to develp new guns or improve on old guns. Not to mention bullet development. Ya I get tired of the constant bombardment of the latest and greatest whatever is being produced. You don't see gun adds on TV only on cable gun shows and in gun magazines. If their isn't advertisement then no gunshows or magazines will succeed and information will not makes it way to the shooting world. Its a bit of a catch 22 Frank. Advertising is needed in order to get the word out. Again this forum is a form of advertisement.

Last edited by cfish2; 07/12/2012 11:49 AM.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: cfish2] #113065 07/12/2012 12:04 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: cfish2
cfish2:
 Quote:

Frank, internet forums are just another form of advertising. And had it not been for folks starting handgun hunting and posting their success( IE Advertising) folks like you would not have come to the sport. Word of mouth is one form of the sales tools out there and that is a major form of advertising. If interest isn't shown in a sport then manufacturers won't go out of their way to develp new guns or improve on old guns. Not to mention bullet development. Ya I get tired of the constant bombardment of the latest and greatest whatever is being produced. You don't see gun adds on TV only on cable gun shows and in gun magazines. If their isn't advertisement then no gunshows or magazines will succeed and information will not makes it way to the shooting world. Its a bit of a catch 22 Frank. Advertising is needed in order to get the word out. Again this forum is a form of advertisement.

Actually Henry Firearms has been advertising on FOX News channel and I believe Spike or one of the other channels, still cable but I was surprised to see the adds off the outdoor channels.

As far as hunting in CA there are a ton of animals, you have elk and mulies on Coronado, mulies on the and alot of black bear on the east side of the Sierras, blacktail and blackbear from the sierras to the coast, Tule elk, and pigs from one end of the state to the other.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: wapitirod] #113067 07/12/2012 12:06 PM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Ya your right. I did see one of Henrys adds the other day. I was shocked.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: cfish2] #113070 07/12/2012 1:18 PM
chas3stix Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Promotion of the sport can only enhance the sport. As far as ads go, doe anyone remember the Sears ad campaign of years ago featuring Ted Williams? Sears sold a boat-load of hunting and fishing equipment because of these ads. And history can and does repeat itself.

NRA Benefactor life Member
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: chas3stix] #113071 07/12/2012 1:22 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Frank what part of CA are you in and what animals do you hunt?

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: wapitirod] #113073 07/12/2012 2:48 PM
Frank1 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
wapitrod:
 Quote:
Frank what part of CA are you in and what animals do you hunt?

I'm in So. California. I don't currently hunt, like I said, there are no favorable areas in my area. There are a lot of shooters here though so don't write us all off. That would be a demotion to the hobby.

You have to remember that your 'market' doesn't always depend on traditional forms of selling. Consumer products do benefit from the largest audience. That is why the internet is king over magazines and TV. The most effective approach towards advertising would be ABC Account Analysis. That means if 80% of your customers are internet, then 80% of your revenue should be spent on the internet, etc.

As far as 'internet advice' versus advertising, your internet advice is really personal selling, which in commercial industries, is the number one marketing tool. Personal selling is number one there. Advertising, trade shows, articles, probably come last, but one needs to compile the market research. Oh, what an ugly word - marketing. Don't ever tell your customer that word!

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: wtroper] #113080 07/12/2012 4:12 PM
rugernut Offline
The way I see it, if you want to promote handgun hunting, and I do, you are going to have to get the manufacturers to promote it. IMO they push the mags. and TV shows with their new products for sale. Like has been said already, they have their hands busy with the AR's and Tac. stuff right now.

I would love to start ,or see someone start, a really good handgun hunting TV show. I think that is the way into more potential handgunners mines than anyway else.

Also starting up handgun hunting competition courses would be nice. Walk through courses with life like targets using different types of handguns would be nice.

Kennon

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: rugernut] #113087 07/12/2012 5:48 PM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: rugernut

I would love to start, or see someone start, a really good handgun hunting TV show. I think that is the way into more potential handgunners mines than anyway else.

Kennon

Rumors have gone around for years about that possibility.

Gary Smith was working with a group a year or so ago to do one but it didn't pan out. He may add some here.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Gregg Richter] #113093 07/12/2012 7:22 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
I sort of covered that in an earlier post but yes, it went no where and if the Outdoor Channel can't get something off the ground then what chance does the regular guy have. Air time for 13 episodes (2 years ago) was roughly $250,000 and you can figure another large chunk for production expenses. So being realistic, who what's to cough up $350,000 for a show with no sponsors. And by the way you can't get a TV show with no advertising because the network has their own set of advertisers that get time on "your" show. A 30 min. show has about 15 minutes of actual content and 15 min. of advertising.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Gregg Richter] #113094 07/12/2012 7:25 PM
Warren Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I think any positive promotion of Handgun Hunting has to help give handguns a better image. I live in N.Y. state and the regulations on handguns in the Northeast are unreal. Try hunting near the N.J. or Mass. boarder and drive across the state line for lunch and you have broken the law by having a handgun in the car. Hunter numbers around here are also dropping so we need to combat the liberal media and incourage the next generation to see hunting as a cool activity.
I'm like the rest of you, I buy every handgun hunting book, magazine and video that I can find but we need more.
I kind of understand what Frank1 might be implying, I'd hate to see handgun hunting go the way of traditional long bow and primitive black powder hunting but all the new technolgy has brought in alot of new hunters.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: reflex264] #113104 07/12/2012 10:25 PM
Darrell C Offline
journeyman
journeyman
What is a Competitor ????? I shoot TC's like to see a pic of one

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Darrell C] #113107 07/12/2012 10:48 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
it's a single shot breach loader, I don't have any pics but several guys own them. I believe Franchise owns several.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: wtroper] #113108 07/12/2012 10:50 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
my brain just went blank, which single shot was it that was mounted on the 1911 frame. I have an old handgun hunting video with it on there but I don't feel like watching it just get the name again.

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: wapitirod] #113109 07/12/2012 10:50 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Go on the Bragging Board and look at Franchises pictures. There are everywhere... LOL

Benjamin Franklin
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: Darrell C] #113110 07/12/2012 10:58 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Darrell C
What is a Competitor ????? I shoot TC's like to see a pic of one

Here is my old one:

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: wapitirod] #113112 07/12/2012 11:53 PM
SChunter Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
 Originally Posted By: wapitirod
my brain just went blank, which single shot was it that was mounted on the 1911 frame.

Pachmayr Dominator

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: SChunter] #113113 07/12/2012 11:53 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
that's it, do they still make them?

Re: Promotion of hangun hunting -- in favor or not? [Re: wapitirod] #113115 07/12/2012 11:57 PM
SChunter Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
I don't believe so - there was one for sale earlier in the week on the Specialty Pistols forum by our own Hawkeye...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 37 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod