Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Zee] #177342 01/11/2017 1:01 AM
6.5 Shooter Offline
stranger
stranger
Yes, SILLY THINGS.........some of the posts in this thread are thoughtless and very obtuse to say the least. I realize that some people can in fact build their own firearms, but most people that enjoy precision shooting with a handgun or a rifle do not have the means to build their own personal custom builds . I myself do not have the knowledge to build them, my knowledge is within the medical industry and that's that, so building personal firearms is out and I gladly pay to have a precision works of art built to my specification. And you are wrong, not everyone can take a 700 or 40x or stiller, badger, defiance ect. and build a firearm. Especially when I know that the Custom Shop is doing all such work on CNC equipment. There is a talent within the Custom world no matter what the word custom is being referred too. You taking a barrel that is short chambered and pre threaded is not in any way shape or form CUSTOM...... Say what you want here but the fact that Custom firearm builders exist trumps your OBTUSE theroy you have about the industry...........

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: 6.5 Shooter] #177343 01/11/2017 1:47 AM
Zee Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Well, we have one person willing to spend the money.

So.........that's one sold Remington?

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: 6.5 Shooter] #177344 01/11/2017 2:05 AM
Zee Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
 Originally Posted By: 6.5 Shooter
Yes, SILLY THINGS.........some of the posts in this thread are thoughtless and very obtuse to say the least.

Would you mind being specific and not talk in generalities? So we might know what to address in particular.

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Zee] #177345 01/11/2017 2:07 AM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
SILLY......OBTUSE......

Welcome to the forum 6.5 shooter.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: 6.5 Shooter] #177346 01/11/2017 2:08 AM
Zee Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
I do not believe that most posters on this topic really understand the meaning of TRUE CUSTOM

Could you please define the meaning of "True Custom"? Or at least, what it means to you.

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: 6.5 Shooter] #177347 01/11/2017 2:09 AM
Ramjet-SS Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast

The input that I read here does seem to have SOME validation but, I do not believe that most posters on this topic really understand the meaning of TRUE CUSTOM.... a hand build firearm, car, motorcycle....what have you, all comes with a price. you take nothing but premium components, hand assembled... THE DAKOTA ARMS WAY, finished the same way with a 1/2 minute accuracy guarantee and a unconditional lifetime guarantee.... there is NO WAY you could build these types of QUALITY handguns for the kind of money you posters are stating in this thread... I have had numerous custom firearms built for me, some through the Remington Custom Shop and some from other TOP TIER builders in the country and every one of them has been pretty much on par with the costs that Remington is stating that these will sell for. I own several Dakota rifles and their attention to detail is far better than 95% of the custom gun builders you read about all the time.
I realize that I am opening a can of worms here but, you guys really need to do your homework before posting some of the silly things that you do. I look forward to reading the comments on this one.........................

Well you need to do your homework. On this thread and on this site are folks that probably own many "true" customs and several are true icons in handgun hunting circles. Some have hunted harvested 100s of heads of game and pioneered the sport. So you need to try and calm down some and not put down the posters on this site without understanding first who you are insulting. the comments on this offering are well founded and spot on. These so called customs will not sell very well at that price point. Large companies that try and execute these endeavors are not always successful ,unless they have value. Oh by the way true customs are well fitted and hand fitted with care and tremendous amount of expereince learned over along time from true craftsmen. Not someone who writes transfers a STP file to a CNC machine..........lmao

You can't fix stupid!
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: 6.5 Shooter] #177348 01/11/2017 2:20 AM
Brenden Offline
addict
addict
Glad I know where I stand now. I'm obtuse, and haven't put together any custom firearms.

I never did say there wasn't talent in the custom industry. Never did say I or anyone on here was the last word in custom firearms.

All barrels start the same way, a blank. They are then threaded and chambered to fit said firearm. Setting the shoulders back, reaming, they all end up the same way, on the weapon. How is it that a short chambered barrel isn't custom? Its to my specifications, I choose the reamer specifications, what's the secret? Is it because I don't own CNC equipment? If that makes you a custom builder, my God I'll buy the equipment tomorrow!

It all comes down to this, it isn't custom if you yourself start with an action and build it from the ground up. You mentioned that custom shops\builders start with only the best and go from there. I can do the same thing, but it isn't custom!?

The only time something is custom is when you shell out massive amounts of cash for it. Seen it a million times, have seen your thought process a million times as well. You look down upon us mere mortals that have the ability to build a quility custom firearm as if we are scum just because a name brand didn't build it for us.

All things aside, good for you and the guns that you have. I do hope you enjoy them and are very successful in whatever you pursue with them.

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Brenden] #177349 01/11/2017 2:55 AM
Gary Offline OP
Distinguished Master
OP Offline
Distinguished Master
Ok everybody settle down. We're better than infighting over what custom means or who is or isn't capable of building a gun.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: 6.5 Shooter] #177352 01/11/2017 4:20 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
A new record set. Only 2 posts in and already made the ignore list.....

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Gary] #177353 01/11/2017 4:22 AM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
\:\)

I have custom rigs....Well, maybe I don't...
But I am surely not capable of building a "custom," but I'm good at shooting and breaking stuff.
I'm a Custom Gun-Breaker
;\)

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Ernie] #177362 01/11/2017 3:13 PM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Quote from Gary: "Ok everybody settle down. We're better than infighting over what custom means or who is or isn't capable of building a gun."

Good call, Gary.

Originally Posted By: Ernie
:)
But I am surely not capable of building a "custom," but I'm good at shooting and breaking stuff.
I'm a Custom Gun-Breaker
;\)

\:D

Very good points here on both sides. But no need to argue.

IMO, if Remington's XP project falls on it's ass, the bottom line is what usually hurts mankind: GREED

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: KRal] #177433 01/12/2017 8:58 PM
TXBRASS Offline
 Originally Posted By: KRal
SILLY......OBTUSE......

Welcome to the forum 6.5 shooter.

LMAO.....Yep... Welcome

Get your W-GEAR Guardian Scabbard. The only carry option built solely for use with specialty pistols!
100% MADE IN THE USA.
LIFETIME WARRANTY

http://www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Ernie] #177438 01/12/2017 10:09 PM
rickiesrevenge Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm a Custom Gun-Breaker
;\)

The last part is definitely true! But its not limited to just guns

Aaron

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: rickiesrevenge] #177442 01/12/2017 10:24 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
 Originally Posted By: rickiesrevenge
I'm a Custom Gun-Breaker
;\)

The last part is definitely true! But its not limited to just guns

Aaron

Okay, now you are getting personal.....but true
;\)

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Ernie] #177457 01/13/2017 1:16 AM
Hoggin Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ernie's destructive methods are why we do so many unnecessary things to strengthen the xp

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Hoggin] #177476 01/13/2017 4:21 PM
rickiesrevenge Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think it's neat that they're making them again. I won't be buying one for that kind of money though.

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: rickiesrevenge] #178476 02/01/2017 4:05 PM
Downtown Offline
stranger
stranger
Did anyone notice what side the bolt is on?

Re: Remington Re-Launches the XP Platform [Re: Downtown] #178478 02/01/2017 6:58 PM
Buttermilk Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
IF the price was right, and I could get one in the original dog leg bolt, with the bolt on the correct side (right side for us lefties), in mid-grip configuration with the caliber I wanted, I'd certainly consider getting one.

I've got a goodly amount of $$ tied up in my "custom" xp-100 and I tried to save as much money on the build as I could without compromising on certain aspects of it and still meet my objective.

So, yeah, depending on price, configuration, etc., I'd certainly consider one.

I also think it's neat that Remington even "re-introduced" the XP-100. Who'd ever thunk it in todays market.... Certainly not I... (now, if it was a black plastic stock and went bang every trigger pull, I might have believed it...)

Last edited by Buttermilk; 02/01/2017 7:00 PM.

Regards,
Rog
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 56 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod