Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: RandyB] #184198 09/28/2017 6:16 PM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Good post and true! Welcome to handgun hunting! I look forward to pics of your successes. Id ad to type of weapon used, the type of hunt. We need to quit splitting on private vs public, fenced vs unfenced, guided vs unguided. Handgun hunting should be more popular than it is, we have to change that.

Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: tradmark] #184202 09/28/2017 8:12 PM
Handgun400 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
RandyB, I like your style.

My filter is broken.
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Handgun400] #184203 09/28/2017 8:14 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
"Finally, as evidenced in this very thread, it is so very easy for us to decide "our way of hunting" is best and that those who go off in a different direction somehow don't fit our idea of what a hunter is. If we are going to save our hunting heritage and be able to enjoy it ourselves and pass the heritage on, we'd best all get on the same page. Those who want to end hunting are very good at creating divides. So whether we hunt at home, out west, internationally; with handguns, rifles, muzzleloaders, archery tackle; we are all hunters. We all treasure the land and the game. We love our chosen tools and the time it takes to master them."
Randy

SCORE!!!

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Ernie] #184229 09/29/2017 5:11 PM
Handgun400 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
 Originally Posted By: Ernie
"Finally, as evidenced in this very thread, it is so very easy for us to decide "our way of hunting" is best and that those who go off in a different direction somehow don't fit our idea of what a hunter is. If we are going to save our hunting heritage and be able to enjoy it ourselves and pass the heritage on, we'd best all get on the same page. Those who want to end hunting are very good at creating divides. So whether we hunt at home, out west, internationally; with handguns, rifles, muzzleloaders, archery tackle; we are all hunters. We all treasure the land and the game. We love our chosen tools and the time it takes to master them."
Randy

SCORE!!!

Perfect Ernie.

It can get catty between us a little but nothing compared to traditional bow/compound bow hunters/crossbow hunters. Those guys will cannibalize each other in short time.

My filter is broken.
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Handgun400] #184230 09/29/2017 6:00 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Oh, I have witnessed some of those "love feasts," with the stick and string world, here concerning handguns, and other places too.
Still, at the end of the day, it is so childish.
Those kinds of arguments led me to spin this up the other day.
Enjoy

I don't care if you hunt with a 2 inch revolver or semi-auto and iron sights, if that's what you like, it's legal, and you can kill game with it. That same semi-auto or revolver with a longer barrel and iron sights. Either barrel length from above and a dot sight, reflex sight or scope-COOL! I don't care if you handgun hunt with a specialty pistol, whether it is a straight wall case or bottleneck case, regardless of length, weight or optic/sight. Even In In The RIFLE World, SBR's can be very short/lighweight rigs and then you see the other extreme; there are rifles that weigh over 60 pounds with 30 inch + barrels. Yet all of those are rifles! I have listed a variety of handguns (whether you like it or not they are all handguns), and if they are legal in your area where you are hunting, and it is what you want to use, go and have a great time. I really don't care if your max limit on big game is 25 yards or 1400 yards-Live within your limits, but do not impose those limits on others. If it is legal, your handgun/bullet is capable, and you are capable in those conditions, go and have a great time. I have seen to much childishness at times...It's not really a handgun hunting IF...It can't or should not be done because...It is not real handgun hunting, if, you use an optic...And, all the other silly things that get said sometimes. Support your fellow handgun hunters and handgun shooters! Just because you can't do it or don't like it, does not mean it is wrong, unethical, or impossible for others. Firearm owners and hunters do an excellent job of shooting themselves and others in the foot at times-Don't be that guy!

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Ernie] #184233 09/29/2017 7:24 PM
Handgun400 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I read that and gave it a 'like' pretty soon after it was posted. Good job and true.

My filter is broken.
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Ernie] #184235 09/29/2017 8:11 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Ernie
Oh, I have witnessed some of those "love feasts," with the stick and string world, here concerning handguns, and other places too.
Still, at the end of the day, it is so childish.
Those kinds of arguments led me to spin this up the other day.
Enjoy

I don't care if you hunt with a 2 inch revolver or semi-auto and iron sights, if that's what you like, it's legal, and you can kill game with it. That same semi-auto or revolver with a longer barrel and iron sights. Either barrel length from above and a dot sight, reflex sight or scope-COOL! I don't care if you handgun hunt with a specialty pistol, whether it is a straight wall case or bottleneck case, regardless of length, weight or optic/sight. Even In In The RIFLE World, SBR's can be very short/lighweight rigs and then you see the other extreme; there are rifles that weigh over 60 pounds with 30 inch + barrels. Yet all of those are rifles! I have listed a variety of handguns (whether you like it or not they are all handguns), and if they are legal in your area where you are hunting, and it is what you want to use, go and have a great time. I really don't care if your max limit on big game is 25 yards or 1400 yards-Live within your limits, but do not impose those limits on others. If it is legal, your handgun/bullet is capable, and you are capable in those conditions, go and have a great time. I have seen to much childishness at times...It's not really a handgun hunting IF...It can't or should not be done because...It is not real handgun hunting, if, you use an optic...And, all the other silly things that get said sometimes. Support your fellow handgun hunters and handgun shooters! Just because you can't do it or don't like it, does not mean it is wrong, unethical, or impossible for others. Firearm owners and hunters do an excellent job of shooting themselves and others in the foot at times-Don't be that guy!

Couldn't have said it any better, Ernie. I feel the same.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: KRal] #184238 09/29/2017 8:27 PM
Sal vasquez Offline
stranger
stranger
I can say Dick is one heck of a nice guy. He picked me up one morning about 15 miles from his house in the rain and showed me the beautiful playground he does most of his handguning. It was like we were old friends. Thank you Dick

Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Sal vasquez] #184239 09/29/2017 8:46 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Well said Sal.

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Ernie] #184265 09/30/2017 3:04 AM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Well said ernie, you inspired to start doing more work with the lil ole 357 and have had lotsa fun this far. We aint done yet either. The stick and string world was one i am intimately familiar with and the toxicity and in fighting is insane. Id like to think this is a place we can celebrate our successes with our chosen equipment and celebrate each others. I look forward to seeing what we all come up with this year.

Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: tradmark] #184276 09/30/2017 3:36 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Tradmark,
Keep me updated how it goes for you.
E

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Ernie] #184294 09/30/2017 9:50 PM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
I will! Its gonna be fun!

Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: tradmark] #184307 10/01/2017 2:01 AM
Handgun400 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
 Originally Posted By: tradmark
Well said ernie, you inspired to start doing more work with the lil ole 357 and have had lotsa fun this far. We aint done yet either. The stick and string world was one i am intimately familiar with and the toxicity and in fighting is insane. Id like to think this is a place we can celebrate our successes with our chosen equipment and celebrate each others. I look forward to seeing what we all come up with this year.

Yes!

My filter is broken.
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: Handgun400] #185242 10/19/2017 4:48 PM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I have been out of touch with this forum for awhile and just got caught up on it. I have been busy getting ready for my hunting season and am now finishing up a trip where I was guiding some antelope hunters in Wyoming. And I have 2 other elk hunters coming in tonight. (OUCH! who does the OUTFITTER/GUIDE anger here??)
\:\(

At any rate, to Ernie and the other cooler headed guys who posted here: THANK YOU.

As far as the desire for a handgun hunting record book system, Safari Club International has a complete and excellent system going for handgun hunters on species worldwide. I know the Director of the Handgun Records Book, Mr. Leon Munyan. If any of you would like his contact information, PM me.

I have posted on this site before and I will continue to do so: I encourage all of you to enter your handgun species taken with SCI. It serves several purposes: It gives those of us interested in such matters as total score as far as how your animals compare in size to others taken with similar weapons; it helps support SCI which supports your right to hunt just as the NRA supports your right to own guns; and it helps keep handgun hunting "legitimate," so to speak; both to the non-hunting/anti-hunting public and also to other non-handgun hunting HUNTERS. I am getting ready to enter a few more myself.

Gregg

Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: jamesfromjersey] #185293 10/21/2017 12:10 AM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
James, Sixshot, funny you guys mention the west. As a young boy I use to pull the covers over my head with a flashlight in hand and read my outdoor life and field and stream magazines till I fell asleep. My father would often find me asleep and turn my flashlight off. Always woke up with magazines stacked neatly by my bed. When it came time for me to leave I home I turned down a baseball scholarship to go to college in Colorado. College was my excuse to venture out west. My father laughed and said go west young man. Killed my first animal in 1981 with a handgun and haven't turned back. Something about the ast keeps drawing me back. James, you have a museum in your home. I know I've seen the boxes and boxes and books and mags. I hope you or maybe a group from our forum can figure out what to do with the vast collection of info you have acquired. It would be a shame for it not to be saved.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Re: How about the Keith and Taffin Club? [Re: cfish2] #185295 10/21/2017 12:36 AM
cfish2 Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Ernie, you nailed it as have others.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 42 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod