Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: sixshot] #206293 04/01/2020 8:08 PM
Drycreek3189 Offline
 Originally Posted By: sixshot
Forgot! Being a born & bred western hunter I can tell you that many don't understand high fence hunting but I've always defended it & encouraged it. It's a simple fact that not everyone lives in the western US where there is a lot of public land where you just take off & hunt. We take that for granted out here & some laugh at people that high fence hunt, they wouldn't if they lived in other parts of the country.
I learned when I was in the military in Texas that it's all private & you're going to pay somebody if you want to hunt so shut up & pay or don't hunt.
Also it's a great way to speed up the learning curve, not everyone can make a trip out west every year or go to Alaska or Africa, so stay home, find a good hunting preserve or high fence operation in Texas, etc & get some nice animals under your belt. We all have to start somewhere but at least get started. Then you can test bullets, meet other hunters & see what works & what doesn't. Nobody was born doing it!!!!!!!

Dick

As a born and bred Texan I appreciate you pointing out the facts about hunting in Texas. If you want to hunt the very little public land we have here, be prepared to hunt with guys who haven?t hunted much, some of whom are downright unsafe to be around. The other choices are own your land, lease your land, or hunt in exchange for money on a game ranch. These vary from a couple hundred acres to thousands of acres. I own, I lease, and I?ve hunted high fence places. Game is game and it all winds up on my plate. Now that I?ve highjacked a great and educational thread, I?m getting off my soap box to thank .45 MAN for bringing this back up, it has been a great read by folks who have been there and done it !

Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: Drycreek3189] #206389 04/09/2020 2:23 AM
AmmoHouse Offline
As a Texan living in the West I get to enjoy the best of both worlds.
This is a very educational thread...thanks!

I don't harvest animals, I kill them...I don't take a Combine hunting!!!

USAF AMMO Retired!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 51 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod