Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MESSAGE TO MEMBERS #206093 03/20/2020 7:52 PM
Gregg Richter Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
The petty quarreling that has been going on between some of the members here lately has been carefully discussed by the administrators.

We are not going to just ban somebody from this site at this time, even though that is what some of those involved have suggested. If you feel this may pertain to you, you are probably correct. So consider this advance notice to reconsider how your words that you post may be interpreted by others. If they are meant with questionable intentions or could be interpreted as such, don't post them. There is a difference between constructive criticism of an idea and a personal affront.

We talked to and/or received pm's from several of you and the facts that came out point to interactions between members stemming from certain hunts shared in the past. Meaning that they have disputes arising from personal situations that should not be brought up on these public boards.

If you take issue with someone on a fundamental level, you can click on their username, open their profile, and select "Ignore This User" so you never have to read their posts again.

If you guys want to fight, keep it behind the scenes. Don't bring it here.

If you continue to do so, there will be some people leaving.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Written and approved by Chance Weldon and Gregg Richter.

Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: Gregg Richter] #206095 03/20/2020 8:30 PM
Bigbrowndog Offline
I appreciate your attention to this matter and I?m sure this forum will continue without my participation. I had joined this forum after being informed that it was FULL of good people and good Information. Shortly after my coming on board I was introduced to the juvenile behavior that you speak of, and I was taken by surprise to be treated this way by such an experienced member.
However it has become painfully clear that without adult supervision at all times the inmates are running the institution. Rather than subject myself to treatment that I wouldn?t tolerate from an enemy much less a kindred spirit, I will look for like minded people elsewhere. You people enjoy yourself, but remember you will continue to be treated in a manner that you allow to take place. I won?t allow it!!!

Trapr

NRA Endowment mbr.
USPSA/IPSC
U.S. Practical rifle/shotgun national team
Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: 45MAN] #206097 03/20/2020 10:08 PM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I just want everyone to know, I'm sorry that it got to that point. If anyone wants to leave, that is your choice. But, just know the door will always be open if you want to come back.

Guys, I can't always tell the exact intent behind certain posts. What someone may have posted as a light-hearted jab may be taken as an insult, or vice versa. This is made exponentially harder when they're in reference to events that took place in private messages, or especially conflicts between members who've met and/or hunted in person. I was genuinely confused by some of the fighting I saw until someone explained what was going on behind the scenes. If you have issue, bring it up in a private message with either Gregg or myself, preferably both, so that we can help you resolve it.

I don't like banning people, period. It's just my personal philosophy that, barring trolling and spamming, people should be allowed to discuss and debate, even if I don't necessarily agree with the point they're trying to make. Don't take it to mean that I won't; I'm just willing to forgive and turn the other cheek. I've seen unwarranted bannings and the ensuing fallout happen on other forums and social media pages, and I don't want that here.

I still feel like most members here enjoy the site and the knowledge, discussion, and stories contained within. I want to try to make this better for everyone, but to do that, Gregg and I need to know if you're having an issue. And, there are some things you can do yourself, like hitting the "Ignore User" button if its someone you don't like, and not responding and PMing me or Gregg if you feel someone's trying to deliberately inflame. If I see posts intended to inflame, I'll remove it and take further actions, if necessary. Sometimes, though, I just overlook things. I take full responsibility for not paying close enough attention until things boiled over. I only ask that, should it happen again, anyone concerned PM one of us about it so that we know instantly that something is wrong.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: Chance Weldon] #206099 03/20/2020 10:56 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I`am glad this has been sorted out so we can get on with making this the best site on the web for handgun hunting..

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: cherokeetracker] #206134 03/22/2020 7:26 PM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Well said, well said charles, but then again your post was deleted!

Last edited by tradmark; 03/22/2020 8:23 PM.
Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: tradmark] #206135 03/22/2020 7:49 PM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Guys, please keep it civil. No personal attacks.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: tradmark] #206136 03/22/2020 7:49 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Dang, I would really love to know what this so-called beef I?m involved in actually is.... guess it doesn?t really matter.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: Chance Weldon] #206137 03/22/2020 7:53 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Chance Weldon
Guys, please keep it civil. No personal attacks.

Oh so now we?re concerned about personal attacks? Good thing I guess.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: Whitworth] #206138 03/22/2020 9:49 PM
Gregg Richter Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
If this helps clarify any doubts here, I did give warnings to the parties involved. That is why we are hoping to go forward.

We are wiping the slate clean so we can all start over.

We need to stick together, let's give it one more try.

Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: jamesfromjersey] #206139 03/22/2020 10:09 PM
45MAN Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
 Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
I`am glad this has been sorted out so we can get on with making this the best site on the web for handgun hunting..

TO MESSRS. RICHTER AND WELDON: WHY DID YOU DELETE MY "I DON'T BLAME YOU" POST IN RESPONSE TO TRAPR's RESIGNATION POST, BUT THEN YOU LET JAMES' SELF SERVING POST QUOTED ABOVE STAY POSTED? AT LEAST YOU HAVE REMOVED JAMES AS A MODERATOR.

"ADAPT OR DIE". I USE ALL CAPS, NOT BECAUSE I AM YELLING, BUT BECAUSE IT IS AN OLD HABIT FROM MY ARMY DAYS, PLUS IT IS EASIER TO TYPE AND READ.
Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: 45MAN] #206141 03/22/2020 10:20 PM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
I just got off the phone with greg and we had a nice conversation. I do understand the desire to start over. I leave to each member to decide their future. That said, going forward, i think it?s a good step, from here in out, if you have a problem with a member, talk to them, work it out. Sneaking behind the scenes and stirring up problems behind the scenes. None of us liked that kid in jr high school, none do now. Hopefully none of us were that kid. I sincerely pray none are that kid now, for sure.

In a nutshell, if you have unresolved bad feelings with someone, call and work it out. If ya dont, cowardice reigns. Cowardice is second in undesireable personality traits; just behind sneakiness. Man up and it should be nooooo problem to move forward.

Re: MESSAGE TO MEMBERS [Re: tradmark] #206143 03/22/2020 10:35 PM
Gregg Richter Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Thank you Mark, much appreciated.

45man, derogatory posts are being deleted, but I don't see what is wrong with what James posted.

As Mark said, guys, Man Up and Let's Move Forward.

Since there is no use in beating a dead horse, I will lock this thread down.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 66 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod