Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dry Fire practice???? #210142 01/18/2021 4:29 PM
bscott Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Recently I made post concerning the most recent storage with reloading products, "Something to think about, Practice or not to Practice". For the most part it did catch alot of folks interest. Now I would like to ask the general audience another question, would anyone care to share any of their dry fire drills? Or techniques?

"THEY FALL LIKE DEAD WEIGHT!"

Re: Dry Fire practice???? [Re: bscott] #210148 01/18/2021 11:21 PM
Memtb460 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
As much of my handgun shooting is offhand. When watching television, I merely pick out a small object, light switch, coat button on coat tree, ect. , and go through a routine simulating the shot. As my handgun is quite heavy (S&W XVR), I am developing greater muscle strength and better gun/trigger/sight breathing control. Even if shooting from a rest, the trigger control, sight picture, and breathing are all elements to work on! memtb

Last edited by Memtb460; 01/18/2021 11:24 PM.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

~Molɔ̀ːn Lab? Sk?la~
Re: Dry Fire practice???? [Re: Memtb460] #210155 01/19/2021 10:28 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I have a scoped SBH Hunter in 44 mag & a 7.5" Super Redhawk in 480 with an UltraDot.
I'm a pastor & have my church office all to myself & our building empty most of the day. I can go in the church basement & have a clear lane for dryfire that is 35yds long. I can set any kind of target at the end. Usually something like a soup can or small ball & just practice off hand target acquisition & trigger control/follow through. {After taking a long range rifle class I learned follow through is the missing component for most guys}
We also have a parking lot that is vacant 90% of the daylight hours with a wooded area behind it (private property) with a 90' sheer drop behind it (point being it's a safe direction to point a gun). It's about 75 yds to the trees & I have a couple of paper plates tacked to them. Longest just shy of 100yds.
I do the same practice with this when I need a brain break.
With both guns having optics if I'm honest with my self I can call a hit or miss when the hammer falls.
Basement also makes an awesome 30yd indoor traditional archery range on these cold alaska days :-)

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 23 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod