Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
41 Bisley #211238 12/28/2021 5:19 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
Got bored a couple days ago. Been snowing and wife and I have colds. I was looking at my revolvers and realized I had a 41 Blackhawk that I’d only shot twice. I bought the gun in like new condition cheap about 4 years ago. I decided it needed an overhaul, especially where the undersized grip frame was concerned. After scavenging through a dozen boxes of Ruger SA parts I found just the ticket. A Bisley grip frame with grips I’d made. Then I found a Bisley hammer and trigger. I also found a stainless base pin and all the hardware. I fit all the parts and did one of my normal action jobs coming in at two pounds and a sear that breaks like glass. I was going to Cerakote it but don’t have a heated shop right now so I went over it with Brownells Oxpho blue. I still need to shoot it when I’m over this cold but I’m hoping it’s going to go from taking up space to being a deer gun next year. I have other projects to ward off the winter weather but this one came out nice. I’ll post pics if I ever remember how.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: 41 Bisley [Re: wapitirod] #211243 12/28/2021 8:38 PM
Drycreek3189 Offline
Pics would be nice, it’s winter here too…….75* today ;-)

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 35 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod