Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Aftermarket Stocks #313 01/30/2004 4:05 AM
Larry in SD Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Does anyone know of a company producing aftermarket Center Grip Stocks for the Savage Striker Handguns. I have been getting the itch to try a Savage Striker again, but would really prefer a good quality Center Grip Stock. Yes I know I can reshape the original synthetic stock, but you know how it is.

Thanks

Larry

Re: Aftermarket Stocks [Re: Larry in SD] #314 01/30/2004 11:11 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Hey Larry...I was just getting ready to post the same question. Maybe try a Super Striker...a local gun shop has a few new ones for $380. That's where I got mine. They have a lot more meat to work with than the synthetic stock and can be reshaped rather easily. Plus you get the stainless action.

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: Aftermarket Stocks [Re: Dan B.] #315 01/30/2004 2:16 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
ok dan, time for me to show my ignorance. what exactly is the difference? i don't think i've seen a SUPER striker. they don't list it at savage web site
dang, i'd like to have a bolt gun in 6br, or 6x47, or who knows what.
first things first! gotta have a 300mag encore next hmmmm, unless the local gun shop gets something in i can't pass up.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Aftermarket Stocks [Re: KYODE] #316 01/30/2004 2:57 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i found a couple in .223 to look at dan. they were at auctionarms.com. now that i think about it, i've seen one somewhere before. maybe you posted it earlier.
hey, bein 40 ain't easy

Re: Aftermarket Stocks [Re: KYODE] #317 01/30/2004 3:02 PM
Larry in SD Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
KYODE the Super Strikers came with a Laminated Wood Thumbhole Stock, while the standard Strikers came with the Injection Molded Synthetic Stock in a regular pistol grip configuration.

Dan I guess what I am really looking for is a Super Striker in .243 Winchester WITHOUT the Adjustable Muzzle Brake. However if the right deal came along (and I had the funds) I'd consider a 7mm-08 or .308 also without the Adjustable Muzzle Brake.

If I could find a .243 Super Striker I'd probably just shoot that, but if I found a 7mm-08 or .308 I'd probably eventually make it a switch barrel.

Not really sure what I want yet, for that matter I never really know what I want for sure.

Larry

Re: Aftermarket Stocks [Re: Larry in SD] #318 01/30/2004 3:10 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
thanks larry. the super is a good lookin dude. i'd like to see one close up, and in hand. so many guns out there, so little money to buy em with. dreaming is half the fun, i guess.

Customizing the Striker [Re: KYODE] #319 01/30/2004 6:21 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
I did find an aftermarket stock several years ago, but it was "expensive" and still not what I would want. I have been told (don't remember where) that the synthetic stock on the Striker is soft when it comes to attempting to bed it better, so the Super striker stock is better. For me I would have to cut out the thumbhole portion (like I have done with the with an old fajen thumbhole stock for a XP) to make it an ambi stock. I am unsure if that could be accomplished with the SS stock but it would be the way I would go if I purchased another Striker. The only other thing I am waiting on in terms of the Striker is a better trigger pull. I have had a Basix trigger on a Striker and was still not satisfied (Okay, so I am picky--I admit it!).
Accuracy potential in the Striker is great. If i did a Striker project it would meet those credentials (Oh, and yes it would be a switch barrel).

Ernie

Re: Customizing the Striker [Re: Ernie] #320 01/30/2004 8:05 PM
Larry in SD Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thenks Ernie. I have only ever handled ONE Super Striker, and it was a couple years ago. From what I remember it did feel better than the Synthetic Stock on the one I had (which I should have never sold to start with).

At any rate I'll find one someday, the question is if I can afford it when I do find it.

Larry

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 58 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod