Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Punxy Phil #321 01/30/2004 1:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If he sees his shadow I'm takin' out as many of his friends and relatives as possible. Heck even if he doesn't, I'm takin'em out. Think he'll get the message? NO MORE WINTER!!

Re: Punxy Phil #322 01/30/2004 2:09 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
hehe. boy it is gettin close to time for the ground hog to be looking for his shadow. hey, that means we will be heading into the last leg of winter, and thats good.
ship me a truckload of those whistle pigs down here. i need some moving targets! those things are too scarce around here close. hmmm, i wonder why?

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Punxy Phil [Re: KYODE] #323 01/30/2004 2:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
you braggin' or complainin'

Re: Punxy Phil #324 01/30/2004 2:25 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i guess i'd call it complainin, since we ain't got many to shoot at.

how am i braggin about not having many hogs to shoot at
and i'm assuming you're accusing me of bragging at some point in my life, which is never intended to come off as that. anything i've done, or had is no better than anyone elses. whatever i have done, or had was earned by working for it. just like my father taught me.

Last edited by KYODE; 01/30/2004 2:36 PM.

Re: Punxy Phil [Re: KYODE] #325 01/30/2004 2:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thought maybe you tookem all out already

Re: Punxy Phil #326 01/30/2004 2:39 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
heck not me! i'm lucky to see one, or two a year, and i've probably killed a total of 5 maybe(i forget). i'm like a kid in a candy store when i see one here on the farm. i do my best to kill him too. gotta beat dad to him. he'll trap him or something not fun like that.

Re: Punxy Phil [Re: KYODE] #327 01/30/2004 3:10 PM
Larry in SD Offline
addict
addict
That's kind of the same boat I'm in here in northerastern South Dakota KYODE. If'n I see a groundhog I take em out as they are quite scarce and considered a trophy around here. In my 50 years I think I maybe shot a dozen or so, and 4 of them were last summer in town with the Super 14 .22 LR Contender.

Now Flickertail Gophers (and Prairie Dogs) are a totally different story. I also take em out every chance I get. I think it was growing up on a farm, and as a young boy that was my JOB, keeping the Flickertail Gopher population in check in the family's pasture.

Larry

PS, If we have 6 more weeks of winter that means I will have to be out and about for 3 of it, since I have 3 more weeks of House Patrol left. AND the good news is, this morning we have Water in town. Man the little things I life we get used to.

Re: Punxy Phil #328 01/31/2004 1:45 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
X-Ring, I'll be the shooter on the grassy knoll if you want to be in the book depository, and we'll take out Punxy Phil in short order. Seriously though, I miss hunting woodchucks. I've had the itch for some time now. I got 84 last year. I hope to have more time this year and go over a hundred.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 66 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod