Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bianchi Ranger Hush shoulder holster opinions? #4280 10/11/2004 11:14 PM
KnuteStoner Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I was looking for your opinions on the Bianchi 4100 Ranger Hush Rig shoulder holster. Is it comfortable? They only have a few left at Midway USA. I'll be using it for my S&W 629. Thanks guys! P.S. I'm sure you guys have already discussed this holster but I tried searching the forum with the key words and every recent post of the last several days keeps coming up.

Re: Bianchi Ranger Hush shoulder holster opinions? [Re: KnuteStoner] #4281 10/12/2004 12:57 AM
coltfan Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I've got one that I use with a scoped 6" Colt Anaconda. This is my first bandolier style holster, and I find it to be comfortable and convienient. The strap that comes around your back combined with the belt loop really helps hold the holster secure, and I find I really like that feature. I want to suggest that many other makes don't have this feature but it's been so long since I took a hard look at holsters that I'm not 100% sure. I must admit to be quite intrigued by the holster offered by "Pistol Packaging" since I've have read quite a number of favorable reviews about their product, but I believe the Bianchi is about half the cost of the Pistol Packaging model. Unfortunately my Bianchi is my only holster so I don't have anything to compare with it. For the money I think its a darn good holster.

Re: Bianchi Ranger Hush shoulder holster opinions? [Re: coltfan] #4282 10/12/2004 2:24 AM
KnuteStoner Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the info Coltfan. I really appreciate it. I'll check out the "Pistol Packaging" but I'll probably buy the Bianchi. Thanks again.

Re: Bianchi Ranger Hush shoulder holster opinions? [Re: coltfan] #4283 10/13/2004 12:53 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I have the Bianchi bandolier holster for my 480 SRH, and I have an Uncle Mike's shoulder holster for my Redhawk. The Bianchi wins hands down. I went bear hunting this year and covered a lot of ground, mostly scouting the area and learning the lay of the land. It was our first time in this area. Must have covered 10 miles. Saw one bear but it was small maybe 100 to 125 pounds. At no time did I feel the Bianchi was in the way and it didn't even feel like I was carrying a 9 1/2" scoped revolver. I agree with coltfan that the strap that wraps around your waist and holds the holster close is a nice feature.

I was at the outdoor show last year and saw the Pistol Packaging holster. They had a scoped Super Redhawk there, put it in the holster and let me try it. VERY COMFORTABLE! It is well worth the money they are asking. Think I'm going to ask "Santa" to get me one for my SRH in 44 mag.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Bianchi Ranger Hush shoulder holster opinions? [Re: Tigger] #4284 10/13/2004 3:17 AM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
I have had the Bianchi for at least 10 years and really like it.

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: Bianchi Ranger Hush shoulder holster opinions? [Re: Ernie] #4285 10/15/2004 12:16 PM
KnuteStoner Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
You just can't beat hearing from people who have had first hand experience. Thanks guys! I ordered the Bianchi. Paid $52.00 plus $11.00 shipping. Hope that's a good deal. I too have the Uncle Mikes shoulder system and found it to be uncomfortable for me. I checked out Pistol Packaging but I generally like nylon a little better especially if it's subjected to rain. I also think it might be easier on the guns finish. Thanks again.

Re: Bianchi Ranger Hush shoulder holster opinions? [Re: KnuteStoner] #4286 10/16/2004 2:43 AM
slavage Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
i have the uncle mikes an looked at the web sight for the bianchi but i cant tell a difference between the two can some one help me out an tell me why the bianchi is better?
make it convincing please i do nead another shoulder holster for the 41 super black hawk, all so this is the bandoler right??

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 58 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod