Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: This is what we are up against [Re: Bruce Flanagan] #44072 01/07/2009 1:35 AM
Bruce Flanagan Offline
stranger
stranger
ummmm that would be brain duhhh my cream filling was showing

Re: This is what we are up against [Re: KRal] #44165 01/07/2009 8:41 PM
cranejr Offline
stranger
stranger
Just because this lady's propane tank with legs of a cat is to fat to chase mice doesn't mean it doesn't want to.

Living in town is the ruination of society. These people think food just appears in a store because the closest they get to nature is at the local park. Maybe she should go out in the woods and pet the pretty bears. They don't bite.

Re: This is what we are up against [Re: wapitirod] #44209 01/08/2009 1:29 AM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
this is a reply to the original article made by the owner of a grocery/gun store here locally, I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

When I die, tan my hide

HTTP://tillamookheadlightherald.com/main.asp?SectionID=20&subsectionID=20&articleID=10997
Web Posted 1/6/2009 1:22:00 PM
Article :

In the Dec. 31 issue of the Headlight-Herald there was a letter to the editor titled, "Killing Not Entertainment" that I would like to address.

The writer decries a young man holding up the fish he just caught. She equates killing fish and game with murder. She says that this is no way to raise a young lad.

The writer claims that cats would rather "do other things" than roll and kill mice. I don't know where she has observed cats but it surely wasn't the cats I have watched. In truth, her musing about the love shared between cats and mice fairly well sums up the absurdity of the rest of her letter.

In stark contrast to the world a liberal would like to believe in, and as averse as they are to accepting it, the human being is the ultimate predator. We human beings have been killing fish and game to survive since the beginning. An ethical hunter or fisherman has every right to honor his kill by posing in pictures, mounting the head on the wall or throwing a pelt over his easy chair.

Today our need for survival can be met by shopping in the grocery store, but you can find the parts of as many as 2,000 animals in one pound of ground burger. Yet when I butcher one of my steers or kill a buck, I am assured that I am eating only one animal and I am assured of how it is butchered. But more than that, when I hunt or fish I am carrying on a time-honored tradition that dates back to the beginning of time. I am practicing the age-old techniques that I was taught as a boy and my father was taught. It's not about killing, it's about tradition. It's about independence. But then Kool-Aid drinking liberals don't believe in independence, they believe in the opposite - they believe in cradle to grave babysitting by the government.

As far as me decorating myself with my kills and being used for decoration later, I have always said that when I die I hope they tan my hide and make a saddle out of me. That way, I can always be between two things I love, horses and women.

In summation, the only negativity I can see is not coming from the smiling faces of those posing with their kills in pictures. It comes from hypocrites that wear leather shoes and buy meat from a store.

Jim Fox

Beaver

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: This is what we are up against [Re: wapitirod] #44210 01/08/2009 1:35 AM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Amen....

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: This is what we are up against [Re: KRal] #44219 01/08/2009 2:19 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
TOUCHE!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: This is what we are up against [Re: Tigger] #44226 01/08/2009 3:01 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Well put... I am still laughing at it.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: This is what we are up against [Re: TCTex.] #44248 01/08/2009 5:07 PM
BIGSTEVE83 Offline
Thanks for that, awsome reply. May I print that so I can show some of my dumb ass friends and relatives.

I got just what those zombie's need right here!
Re: This is what we are up against [Re: BIGSTEVE83] #44268 01/08/2009 10:09 PM
wapitirod Offline OP
Shootist
OP Offline
Shootist
by all means print away

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 32 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod