Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A wife to keep !!! #44283 01/09/2009 1:00 AM
Gascheck Offline OP
OP Offline
I have had ar15 for about 5 years that I bought used. It came with the standard none detachable A2 carry handle and buttstock. It was a nice little carbine but iron sights don't focus like they used to for me so I tried several types of mounts to get a little magnification to take advantage of its accuracy. None was totally satisfactory so I picked up a complete Armalite flat top upper that I mounted a scope on. It shoots great on that A2 lower as a target gun but is a little heavy. Before Christmas my wife came down to my gun room and started poking around. When asked what she was looking for she said. You used to have part of a gun down here that needed some sort of part to make it work, where is that? I produced the carry hand upper for her. She replied "I thought you might like the other half of that thing for a Christmas present. Would that be okay"

Got to love a gal like that!

With some direction she bought me a complete lower with a colapsable stock. Now its an even better little carbine. Maybe I should start dropping hints for an aimpoint for on that carry handle upper. Our anniversary is only 4 months away

Re: A wife to keep !!! [Re: Gascheck] #44306 01/09/2009 7:24 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Sounds like a keeper to me. Mine is pretty good, I ordered my lathe to start working on doing Ruger cartridge conversions the other day and then got a case of buyers remorse and cancelled the order but when my wife found out she made me reinstate the order. I can't say I don't irritate her sometimes with all the gun related stuff I buy but overall she's pretty good and that makes it alot easier on obsessive firearms guys like us.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: A wife to keep !!! [Re: wapitirod] #44307 01/09/2009 8:50 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Ran into a guy the other day crusing a new Roush Mustang 427R, red, convertible, stick shift. Said his wife went to NC personally to get it and had it plastic wrapped and rollbacked home.

Now THAT is a keeper!!!
;\)

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: A wife to keep !!! [Re: Dan B.] #44364 01/09/2009 11:52 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Don't let her get away.
\:\)

I can't complain, my wolf is good natured about my handgun addiction.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 35 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod