Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: You Use a Handgun WHY? [Re: flipajig] #66544 03/16/2010 7:17 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
When I started shooting handguns all I did was punch paper and plink cans. I did not own a rifle or shotgun. My foreman hunted deer in Pennsylvania and invited me to go hunting and I told him I did not own a rifle to which he answered "no problem...you can hunt with a handgun in Penn." Loaded my Colt Python with Winchester`s 158gr JHP ammo and the rest is history....Let me add
that I`am so glad that my first firearm was a handgun instead of a rifle.....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: You Use a Handgun WHY? [Re: jamesfromjersey] #66566 03/17/2010 1:10 AM
DAHLTAILS Offline
I started handgun hunting about 3 years ago,mainly because I saw the same challenge in handgun hunting as I did in bowhunting. Also as many of you said it is nice not to have to carry a heavy shotgun or rife. I get great satifaction in bagging game with a handgun that I loaded my own loads. Everyone I hunt with said that I would not hit anything with "that thing",or"that wounld not kill anything",but last year I got 2 deer with my 44 RH and I was the only one that got deer in my hunting party! I now have a great passion for handgun hunting and shooting handguns. I would also like to say that with out the help from all you guys on this site,getting into handgun hunting would be alot harder. Thanks for all the help and fueling the fire that drives my passion in this sport.

44 MAG RUGER REDHAWK
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 58 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod