Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Losing my nerve [Re: Vance in AK.] #87091 05/06/2011 10:02 PM
briarhopper Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I've had to delay the trip for a couple of weeks. Was in the hospital Monday for 7 hours, blood pressue was 207 /127 and I was having...issues. Doc was not too happy about that. More tests Tuesday, stress tests on treadmill and such. They put me on blood pressure medicine,and I did not react too well to it. Things are starting to balance out now, but I "missed the boat" for this weekend. No worries, it gives me a couple more weeks at the range.

If I had known I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. I'm only 44, and now I gotta re-evaluate diet / exercise / stress areas of my life. The answer, I think, is less work and more hunting.
\:\)

If it were supposed to be easy, they'd have sent my little sister to do it.
Re: Losing my nerve [Re: briarhopper] #87094 05/07/2011 12:01 AM
junebug Offline
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger
Good to see you finally have your priorities straight. Good luck with your issues and the bear hunt. Just another minor bump in the road of life.

junebug
Re: Losing my nerve [Re: junebug] #87098 05/07/2011 2:59 AM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Wow Dewayne, glad you had "issues" here & not on a mountain top over there. Those numbers are stroke territory!
Had a big moose hunt planned last week of season last fall to try & fill a Tustumena Trophy Area tag I had. 3 days before we left my partner ended up in the hospital with gallbladder issues & was there for 7 days. He felt terrible & appologized time after time for messing up the hunt. I told him I was glad it happened in town so I didn't have to pack him 3+ miles out. He's a little fela, but still...
Maybe there will be a few more bears moving when you get out.
Give me a call if I can do anything for you.
By the way, I understand the health thing. I've dropped 40# since I met you at the wedding. It was a much needed change. I don't recall you having that problem though.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Losing my nerve [Re: Vance in AK.] #87104 05/07/2011 1:08 PM
Hawkeye Offline
old hand
old hand
Hope your health issues level out. Good luck on your hunt. Enjoy the trip and take plenty of photos. Hope you find a nice bear and "The One Above" will steady your hand for that perfect shot.
Take care of yourself.

Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, You get old because you quit playing.
Re: Losing my nerve [Re: Hawkeye] #87146 05/08/2011 2:46 AM
briarhopper Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Nothing wasted. I toddled back out to the gunrange yesterday, tried the planned hunting rig at 100 yards for the first time. Ended with a six round group I could cover with my hand. That made me feel a whole lot more ready.

If it were supposed to be easy, they'd have sent my little sister to do it.
Re: Losing my nerve [Re: briarhopper] #87150 05/08/2011 3:33 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Perfect!

You keep what your doing up and the next thing you know you will be shooting 2in groups! LOL

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 78 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod