I've been reading alot lately on handgunning, and hunting in general. I decided last year to handgun hunt only, for a bit of a challenge, and it's alot easier and more fun to me than dragging a rifle around. My dad had a super blackhawk for 30 yrs, and I don't handload, so i chose the Ruger SBHH in 44, topped it with an Elite 3200 2-6x32, and practiced as much as I could. I can regularly get 3" groups at 100 yds from different shooting positions. I thought i was good to go for any big game, anywhere in the lower 48. I took a doe last season and was in awe of the devastating tissue damage from a 300gr xtp. However, the more i read, i wonder if a 44 is enough? I'd like to get out west, and eventually try my hand at mule deer, and possibly elk. Im confident in my abilities out to 150yds from field positions, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's enough gun for game bigger than whitetails. I read the 44mag kills thread, but it sure seems like the majority of folks have the newest biggest fastest super magnums. My gun budget is pretty slim, and I chose the 44 because I could afford to practice and practice and then practice some more. I cant do that with a 460, 454, 500 etc etc. Can some folks who currently hunt with a 44 give me some kind words about the round concerning bigger game than whitetail deer at 150yds or so?