The FA sickness has extended up to 500WE, so it's only fitting that I should own one at the other end of the spectrum as well...
\:\)

After a prolonged search and a tip over on Specialty Pistols, a FA 252 headed south from the Hamburg PA Cabelas location. In a moment of indecision, I had actually called KRal and told him of the wheelgun, and that I wasn't going to buy it due to other recent commitments (silly Contender barrels) - a work phone call came in which made me switch over, and before I called KRal back, I had bought the revolver...he who hesitates is lost.

A 7.5" barreled Varmint Class model 252, complete with express rear sights and the gold bead front...based on the Model 83 frame, with 5 tiny little holes in the cylinder, it's a beast.

Weather and prior obligations have limited my iron-sighted shooting to indoor ranges, but as you can tell from the below target, it likes CCI Green Tag. Irons offhand - 10 yards (best group, of course!)

So, it was inevitable that this 5-shooter was going to wear glass to stretch the range and determine which ammo grouped the best...I located a used T'SOB, freed up a Bushnell Elite 2x6 by selling off a 22-250 barrel (thanks Bug), and hit the range.

Storms were pushing East all day, but offshore breezes kept the rains at bay for a little while. Out of Green Tag, I was able to shoot a couple of different ammo types - fortunately for the bank account, the Eley Tenex was not the tightest grouping ammo today! At approximately half the price, the Federal match ammo shot really well. Now my 4 shot groups were great, it's the 5th one that kills me! 50 yards

I've moved the scope over and down, but the rains were on the move, and other guns needed some playing time too. Can't wait to get back out there with additional ammo, light winds, and my new-to-me 252!