Hunted with my handguns exclusively during the 2011 season and will probably do the same in 12. Last year I had Mike Bellm rechamber a 14 In. 30-30 to his 308 Bellm and used that until I got a deer with it. Shot was about 30 yards and the rig consisted of a 2-6 Bushnell Trophy, 150 Gr. Sierra pushed by about 43 gr. IMR 4895. That load is a sub MOA and the shoulder shot was a complete pass through.

I bought a .44 Bisley Hunter the first week of Dec. and used that for the rest of the season shooting a 250 Gr. Kieth RCBS cast bullet that was modified to a hollow point backed by 22 Gr. 296. The last Saturday of the Georgia season I took a spike buck at about 60 yards with a straight on neck shot. That revolver has an older Tasco Red Dot that was lent to me by a friend and it performed very well; however I will be replaceing with a Match Dot II in the near future.

Last year I took two hogs that wieghed about 100 - 125 pounds with my Contender with a 10 In. .44 with the above HP bullet, that barrel has a 2.5 pistol scope on it.

Range capabilities:
308 Bellm 250 yards +
either of the .44's I am currently limiting to 100 but will do some range work out to 150 this summer and see what kind of groups I get, the drop and what my capabilities are. I will not pull the trigger on any animal I do not know I can't make a good kill shot on.