Originally Posted By: PBR DRIVER
.... When used properly the .41 as the lowly .25-35 will and can work if it applied properly!

Yeah, and the .25 Colt will work for moose.

http://www.handgunhunt.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/107519/page/1#Post107519

My point is, kind of like beating a dead horse, these discussions are endless.

Sooo... my 2 cents, having three revolver kills on big mature bull elk, (plus multiple bulls and cow elk with T/C pistols and five mature bulls with ML's and one Pope and Young bull with my bow; not to mention my rifle elk and my guiding experience on elk); is that I would feel I could get it done with a .41 if I absolutely had to, but I would feel extremely uncomfortable and take only the PERFECT shot for that gun/cartridge combo; which according to the elk hunt kill stats, may not ever happen in ten years of elk hunting. And IF I was going on an expensive elk hunt, and paying an outfitter, and spending a bunch of money to do it, etc. etc., and only owned a .41, then I would consider the BEST part of the money I spent on the hunt would be for a new bigger badder revolver in the .454 Casull range or BIGGER. Plus of course, the bunch of ammo I bought at the same time to become PROFICIENT with it from field shooting positions.