I am a 41 mag fan. My most accurate revolver is a 41. I really enjoy shooting them. The load that I use most is a 210 XTP @ about 1500 fps. I have used it on numerous animals (mostly deer sized exotics -- Sika, Fallow, Axis). It seldom provides an exit for me if the target is 100 yds or more.

I have also witnessed another shooter hunting an oryx --- that soaked up 5 hard cast 41s over a couple of hours before finally expiring. Admitedly, not all of those hits were where you would like them, but any hit is better than no hit on a wounded animal.

I saw my cousin shoot a Sika (broadside at about 80 yds) with a FA 41 mag shooting my load. The hit was perfectly behind the shoulder. The deer showed that he was hit, but then ran into the brush headed west. Four of us searched for him. Not one drop of blood was found. The shooter began to walk in semi-circles. Eventually, the deer was found about 125 yds east of where he was hit. The only blood found was within the last 25 yds of the deer.

I have also had them drop where they stood when hit with that load. But it does not always happen.

Based upon my personal experience, if I am going to hunt with a revolver today, I would like a bigger one in spite of my affection for the 41s. My 41s are my "fun guns." If I use a 41, I am more careful of my placement.

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.