I say that we are all pretty much on the same page here; as far as: assuming proper weight and shape bullet for caliber is met; the .41 will get it done. I never said contrary. What I said was "I would feel I could get it done with a .41 if I absolutely had to, but I would feel extremely uncomfortable and take only the PERFECT shot for that gun/cartridge combo." I still feel that way.

You all can hunt whatever you like with your .41; and have good success. As for me, I will stick with my .454 and .475 for the bigger game. And I will encourage my elk hunting clients to do the same; as I want them to have the best advantage they can get because of the odds against you when hunting elk.

And I'll bet that if the Q was: .357 for elk?.... somebody would say that "with the proper heavy-weight hardcast bullet it will work in spades."

And somebody else will say: "Spot on!!!" or "EXACTLY!!!"

But regardless of the responses either way, no problem; because it will work in Colorado. Ya know how I know? Well because the DOW says it will because it is the minimum caliber required for Big Game.

\:D