Originally Posted By: Bearbait in NM
I had at least one classic. During an archery hunt (sounding like a theme here) I needed to do my "business" one morning on the trail. Found a nice log, and set my bow down on the end. I scoothed up the log a ways to get the perfect spot and proceeded. A very nice cow elk, for which I had a tag walked by about 10 feet away. My bow was about 15 feet away. I was lucky she did not stop and take a shot at me.

I had always heard about this kind of story, and let me tell you it can be true.

Craig

Similar thing happened to me in Canada when I was caribou hunting. We had been glassing for probably an hour or more from this little rocky knoll. We hadn't even seen a single animal in all that time. Every so often we would get up and move to a slightly different spot on the knoll to glass a different area.

At one point we looked up and there on the edge of the knoll, about 20 yards away, were 4 "big" bulls standing there looking at us. The smallest would have easily made P&Y. Unfortunately the group was standing between us and our bows......<facepalm>