JWP said it the way it is.
Freedom instructions for both the 83 and 97 has very large printing that states NO ROUND UNDER THE HAMMER but the entire truth is, the only way to be 100% safe is to never load the gun.
Internal parts are too complicated and they wear out. I seen too many where you could push the hammer and see the pin come out. I made new internal parts. The transfer bar on them is not safe.
Setting the hammer on safe is the same as a Colt and the notch or trigger can break. The hammer block can fail to rise to block the hammer. But you forget as you pull the hammer to the safety notch, the bar drops a little. The farther back the hammer, the lower the bar.
Why did Freedom make a hammer block and a transfer bar system that they, themselves do not trust? The cost to make their internal parts are half the cost of the gun just to save paying royalties to Ruger for the best system ever.
Just how many of you Freedom owners have taken your gun apart?
Wear Depends to keep from wetting yourself.
Funny that in the history of the S&W hammer block, there has never been a failure and the same with the Ruger transfer bar. You MUST pull the trigger. I find that the way to shoot a gun.