.357 is for ooold policemen and newbies,that way they can shoot anemic .38 specials and light .357 and feel like they have fired a powerful gun, good for mice and small rats,maybe possum.
.410 too powerful for the old policemen [was touted as the perfect law enforcement caliber, NOT!!!!!! varmits up to coyote size if close enough.
.429 little girls and small boys trying to be grownups,not yet making the grade. thin skinned animals maybe smaller deer, treed black bear if small.
.452 Anemic oooold cartridge that just won't die,800 fps,you can throw rocks that fast,has done in a few injuns and small varmits [probably the fall that killed them]
.475 Startin to get better a nice small step up for the girls and boys wantin to be men and women who have put in enough time with the .44 bigger deer and maybe elk,plenty for prairie dogs right Greg?
Now you are getting somewhere, the muzzle blast singes the hair off and you throw them right in the pot,[your hair and theirs]
anything bigger is a waste of powder and lead!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that thats over I would not feel under gunned with a well loaded well used [by me].44 in my hand anywhere on the planet.
It has proven itself over and over to be a capable round with well placed shots on every game animal hunted by man [and woman].
So get your .44,PRACTICE DILIGENTLY,then practice some more, and go forth with confidence.IT won't let you down IF you do your part.

junebug