wtroper,

Good thought provoking question. I am sure a lot of folks will have an opinion as I have my thoughts.

I believe most of us would like to see more articles, videos, TV programs, books, magazines, ect. Not only entertainment platforms but products like handguns, scopes, and other related equipment. This is supply and demand in reverse. Lack of demand = lack of supply. I walked around the SHOT Show this year and could hardly find anything new related to handgun hunting. There was an entire floor dedicated to tactical "stuff". I spoke to one optics manufacturer about improving handgun scopes and he told me the company sells more muzzle-loading scopes than handgun scopes. With these numbers, there will be little R & D for new and improved handgun optics. The same theory applies to handguns, bullets, ammo, ect.

Yes, I do enjoy being in a niche group. But I do not think I'll live long enough to see handgun hunting ever become "mainstream", or even as popular as bow hunting. Let's hope I am wrong.