Good points Gary, If you pick up any firearm magazine today you'll be hard-pressed not to see an article on the "modern sporting rifle". Gee, if I hear that term used much more I think I'm going to throw-up! No, I'm not against AR platforms either. Many firearm company's can not produce enough conceal and carry handguns for the demand. The tactical stuff is going strong.

Gary mentioned the rise in popularity of muzzleloaders. Do you think this is because everyone loves shooting a muzzleloader?? It's more than likely the extended hunting time they allow. This year Missouri is going to an alternative methods season (instead of calling it black powder season) and handguns are allowed during this portion. If more states would adopt a special season; or allow handguns to be used during the black powder portion, I do believe we would see an increase in handgun hunting.

Also, as Gary pointed out, the options for factory produced hunting handguns is not overwhelming by any means. I have communicated this to the folks at Blaser and Savage in recent months. The numbers game is working against us.

I think I've had too much coffee this morning!