I have had a few people question me about hunting with a Glock. Boys it has a short barrel and goes boom! That makes it a hunting tool. Really a stock glock in 10mm or .45 will work fine on whitetails and hogs but.............. it is hard to leave well enough alone.

The Glock I use started like as a 21SF Swat frame stock gun. Although it shot pretty good I felt limited. I know that part of handgun hunting is being intentionaly limited there are measures you can take to make things better. That was my plan for the Glock.

I read everything I could find about match set ups, componants and the cartridges that work in the 21 frame. I finally settle on the Storm Lake barrel. Its accuracy reputation was just better than the rest. The cartridge ended up being the .45 Super. A simple matter of changing barrel, rod,springs and brass and I could use many of my ACP componants. The cartridge can easily generate enough power for deer and hogs.

Next the trigger on a Glock is designed for one thing and it isn't hunting. After several trial and error things on the trigger my final set up is the Lone Wolf housing with adjustable stop, Ghost rocket connector, titanium safety plunger, siderlockt trigger and a 6lbs trigger spring. After polishing everything I have a 3# trigger that has very little overtravel and is very safe to draw from a holster in a tree stand.

When it all caome together the gun functions like a appliance and will shoot ragged holes at 25 yards. I am going to replace the sights to get a better picture for prescision shots. Recoil is quick and nasty with full power supers. It doesn't raise that much but it will eat the web of your hand up in about 50 shots.

My favorite configuration is actualy with a +p+ using the 19lbs spring. I have to used the 24lbs with the supers or will end up with a battered frame. The +p+ loads kill deer just fine and are very accurate.

My goal was a gun I could carry no matter how hard it was raining or anything else for that matter. I thing I have it perfected. Hope this answers any questions I didn't answer somewhere else. reflex264

Last edited by reflex264; 07/11/2012 11:54 PM.

"A quiet hit in the right place is better than a loud miss in the wrong place followed by 10 more shots on the run"

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....