Well I just put down a calc book, But I don't claim to be a Hand gun hunter yet, I bow hunt more then most spending september till january in the woods. Its comes down to regulation, I can't barley find land to muzzleloader or shotgun hunt, let alone trying to get regulation in my home state to pistol hunt. So that leaves me to being a range rat who loves to shoot, I have relitives who may put 20 rounds through there rifles before they hunt just to check zero. It comes down to time, regulation and a dersire for a challange.
Off topic but relivant, I worked in in a fly fishing pro shop through my youth, and we promoted fly fishing saltwater along the coast, not easy and not rewarding if you dont have the time, especally with a inconsitent fishery, but we would see the guys who bought tackle, 90% throwing plugs or bait because they were not willing to not catch fish if they were out of casting range. Though casting range for them was 40 ft maybe 60 due to a lack or desire to practice.

Fly Fishing is like handguning a desire for a challange, not always rewarded but victory is sweet when it does come

Simple, Elegant, but always Approachable