No question I would welcome more handgun hunters. I hunt with both during our gun and muzzleloader seasons here in Tennessee. For the most part not more popular would be the fact that these weapons are just plane costly, no expensive. It’s a matter of economics; every major firearms manufacturer now produces quality long guns at reasonable cost. Add a scope and you are good to go for way less then a grand. Any of the large caliber hunting hand guns will set you back almost a grand plus and then add quality optics. Considering one needs to be taught how to efficiently handle let alone practice, practice and more practice it will take dedication to the art. Not being aware of any other hunter in my county that handgun hunts exclusively. We are in the minority. Although my go to are handguns during season, I’m setting up a long gun for a specific area. A Weatherby 300 WSM with a Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm will get a check off on my 400/600 yard shot bucket list. As stated this LG is for a specific hunt, just can’t send one out that far with one of my favorite “tools”.