Originally Posted By: Gary
Bows fit into similar price points and while arrows are not cheap they are fairly durable and can be reused over and over with some care. Cost for practice is also low. There is significantly more time involved in becoming proficient with a bow than the classes of firearms mentioned above. So given the amount of bow hunters, the time required to be proficient wouldn't seem to be the issue and cost is on par with firearms other than handguns.

IMHO, bows and handguns run parallel for me cost wise. 22’s are cheap to shoot as well…

Originally Posted By: Gary
So there is a fundamental question here that isn't understood. Why do more people not hunt with a handgun? Or to put it a different way, what is preventing or deterring someone from hunting with a handgun vs. another type of firearm or bow?

A season???

The reason I bow hunt is because it extended the season for me. I bow hunted on the Navy base for four years because it was free. If you had a “handgun season” I think you would increase handgun hunting and handguners…

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin